Global windows down problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I enabled global windows down on my 2018 2500 CC about a month ago. Sometimes they roll down completely, sometimes halfway, sometimes just a couple of inches, but most times not at all.

I've tried it standing next to the truck and farther away to the extent of the fob's range. I've tried different intervals between the first and second presses on the fob's unlock button from immediately to 3 seconds between.

Anyone have ideas?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I don't think anyone including myself has had a consistent operation of global windows down. It could be the fobs, could a module getting interrupted during the process, could be the truck.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OP
OP
RodeoRam

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right after starting this thread, I went to lunch. I tried rolling the windows down with the fob. They didn't move. Relocked it with the fob and tried again. They rolled all the way down. SMH

I wonder if this sporadic operation is why FCA disabled it in our trucks? Does anyone here get perfect operation every time?

One thing I haven't tried is my 2nd fob.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope. Mines sporadic as well. Disabled and retried still acts up.

skyline090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same here. Its never consistently worked correctly for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I have had the same result when using the Global Down with the windows sometimes going only partially down. Trying some spitball ideas I seemed to find that the time in between the 2 clicks of your remote and holding down steady on the second click seemed to cure most of the problems. The trick for me was finding the timing sequence of those 2 clicks, just how fast/slow they needed to be. Too fast was not good and too slow was not good. Just like the 3 bears there was a "just right" timing sequence that my Ram wanted, and make sure you do not let up on the fob during the second click.