glove box light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallen4392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if all express models come with the plug to plug in a upper glove box light I have been looking for one but can't find one behind the glove box any thoughts. Thanks

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are speaking of the box above the glove box (in some trucks there is no door) my wires were tucked in the hole, I bought the light from ebay, pulled wires out Plugged in and pushed light in hole.

Not sure if this is helpful, hope it is tho.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
When you open the door to the glove box, look in the upper left corner for a oval looking circle. That is a cap. It pops out and then you can look inside that hole to see if your connection is there ! Like mentioned you can get the part on E Bay or your dealer,, Also try the Search Box glove box light ! I'll see if I have a You Tube Link

These may help

KPMH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are speaking of the box above the glove box (in some trucks there is no door) my wires were tucked in the hole, I bought the light from ebay, pulled wires out Plugged in and pushed light in hole.

Not sure if this is helpful, hope it is tho.

When you open the door to the glove box, look in the upper left corner for a oval looking circle. That is a cap. It pops out and then you can look inside that hole to see if your connection is there ! Like mentioned you can get the part on E Bay or your dealer,, Also try the Search Box glove box light ! I'll see if I have a You Tube Link

These may help

I did the upper glove box install a couple of weeks ago. I did get the box from All Mopar Parts. I also wanted the light but guess what's wrong with that picture:

Mopar.JPG

More to ship than the light is worth? WTF is up with that. I did find it on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Glove-Box-Lamp-Light-Bulb-and-Switch-4565022-Fits-DODGE-RAM-CHRYSLER-JEEP/372487778490?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Cost with tax about $12 and shipping was free. It did take a couple of weeks since it comes from China, I guess, but the vendor is reliable and you get updates during the process. I installed it today and it works perfectly. I even replaced the bulb with a red LED I had laying around to give it a different look. I found the connector wire tucked in behind the metal brace on the left when you remove the original tray. You have to feed it over this brace to get the length to plug it into the light in the new glove box tray.

IMG_4895a.jpg

IMG_4974.JPG

Hope this helps

Pete

PS. I did figure out that the light must be on a timer. If you leave the glove box door open, after a minute or so the light goes off and won't come on even if you play with the switch. I had the passenger door open throughout this. But if I closed and opened the truck door again or switched the ignition on and off, the light came back on. Security I guess in case you leave the glove box door open and then walk away from the truck. Makes sense.

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I did the upper glove box install a couple of weeks ago. I did get the box from All Mopar Parts. I also wanted the light but guess what's wrong with that picture:

View attachment 192239

More to ship than the light is worth? WTF is up with that. I did find it on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Glove-Box-Lamp-Light-Bulb-and-Switch-4565022-Fits-DODGE-RAM-CHRYSLER-JEEP/372487778490?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Cost with tax about $12 and shipping was free. It did take a couple of weeks since it comes from China, I guess, but the vendor is reliable and you get updates during the process. I installed it today and it works perfectly. I even replaced the bulb with a red LED I had laying around to give it a different look. I found the connector wire tucked in behind the metal brace on the left when you remove the original tray. You have to feed it over this brace to get the length to plug it into the light in the new glove box tray.

View attachment 192241

View attachment 192242

Hope this helps

Pete

PS. I did figure out that the light must be on a timer. If you leave the glove box door open, after a minute or so the light goes off and won't come on even if you play with the switch. I had the passenger door open throughout this. But if I closed and opened the truck door again or switched the ignition on and off, the light came back on. Security I guess in case you leave the glove box door open and then walk away from the truck. Makes sense.
I had both box's in my 15 but no light :O , If I remember right the glove box light was included with the under hood light kit I got !light !
I like the red light . I am going to get a LED light to see if I get more light

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
If you ask me the bottom box is the one that needs a light. Wish I had a light in my lower glove box.
I agree the lower box does need a light !