Go Rhino 2.0 Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Finally got this thing installed! **** poor pics but was happy with the result and wanted to share. Will get some daytime pics up when I get her washed. Installing the 44-45 tomorrow, hopefully, so may be a couple of days yet.
Now to research lighting options!

GR1.jpg

GR2.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I think I like that, it might make a reg cab look a little nicer. Can't say for sure though, a lil dark there. Just attaches on the rail though?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Does it cover third brake light? You can get a ticket for that here. Some places are selling those for a grand, lol.

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doesn't cover the light head on. I like I put one in mine. With lumens 4" LEDs on a actuator. Make sure you get rust free bolts. 099005da4ebb873572b7349dffc86995.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I think I like that, it might make a reg cab look a little nicer. Can't say for sure though, a lil dark there. Just attaches on the rail though?
Thanks. Am a bit partial myself.
Yes, bolts right to the top rails. Sealed up drilled holes with auto primer and auto paint followed up with grease once dried. If I had to remove it I would just replace the plastic rail caps and holes are covered.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
how much? where did you get it?

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
how much? where did you get it?
eBay of all places. Had several in my watch bin for months from different sellers. I received an alert a week or two before Christmas of a price drop. This one was listed for $650 with free shipping for quite some time but another $80 off that week that was also coupled with 10% in eBay bucks drew me to pull the trigger. I am satisfied with the purchase price but was a real ***** to install. Took 5 of us to get it done. One on each bed side keeping the mounts square on the rails. Two in the bed holding the light mount in position and me scrambling around to tighten all the bolts once everything was adjusted and in position. Would do again without hesitation but I'd need those four helping. Nothing beats a good crew to get something like this done and I was blessed to have 'em!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Clamps?

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

You'd think heavy 4 wood clamps would work but I gotta say those plastic RAM rail caps are slicker than snot on a door knob. EVERY time I pushed to align the thing on one side it'd slide out of square on the other. After two hours I tossed in the towel and called for two reinforcements. Another hour later we called in two more! Five was the ticket and we got 'er done!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
well I have a hard time making friends for why I have no idea, but getting 4 people here to help my ass aint happening.

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
well I have a hard time making friends for why I have no idea, but getting 4 people here to help my ass aint happening.

LOL I hear ya. Everyone has a tough time nowadays. Took me 5 years to get my neighbor two doors down to do more than wave and even now he scurries off when I'm out in the yard unless he's being nosey on whatever I am tinkering with.
Go to the Go Rhino website and search for their dealers/installers in your area, link is below. The local guy here wanted $275 to assemble and install but would have charged a tad less had I bought it from him. Had I known what a kick in the shorts this was going to be I'd have saved myself the sweat and frustration and just paid him. My sanity is worth more than the $275...

http://www.gorhino.com/find-dealer

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
sorry, I'm country as it gets, it is against my religion to have people do my **** for me. Hey, I really like that addition on your truck, looks ****. I bet it would dress up a reg cab even more. With those discounts, that may be something I'd get in the future. It probably would act as a decent roll bar, not like one locked to frame but better then nothing. I have been on my roof a couple times, not with this truck yet knock wood.

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
sorry, I'm country as it gets, it is against my religion to have people do my **** for me. Hey, I really like that addition on your truck, looks ****. I bet it would dress up a reg cab even more. With those discounts, that may be something I'd get in the future. It probably would act as a decent roll bar, not like one locked to frame but better then nothing. I have been on my roof a couple times, not with this truck yet knock wood.

I hear ya however time is money and sometimes that money is worth less than your time.
One can always make more money but can never make more time, just shift responsibilities to make better use of it.
Yes is will offer "some" protection as the bed rails have rigidity as do the bars. A rollover from a steep incline you should have "some" protection but if your name is Bo or Luke Duke, the answer would be "nope!"

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks! Just found my next project. I really like the flip up lights. Will have to see how it looks on a blacked out 2wd CC?

Navy Six Zero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been curious about those as well, but never really saw one installed before. So for lights, you going retro or modern? i.e KC Daylighters or the LED light bar route?

Was going to go old school and bolt in an old fashioned roll bar-but the cost and usefulness of the bed being limited are big factors. Looks like you solved both!

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have been curious about those as well, but never really saw one installed before. So for lights, you going retro or modern? i.e KC Daylighters or the LED light bar route?

Was going to go old school and bolt in an old fashioned roll bar-but the cost and usefulness of the bed being limited are big factors. Looks like you solved both!

Brother I couldn't agree more which is why that thing sat on my watch list for so long. That and the regular price was cringe worthy. Kept flipping between the old school and this option. I looked real hard at the Go Rhino roll bar as my first 4x4 in '86 had an old school roll bar. I knew I'd lose the back-flip bed cover either way but with this one mounting to the rails I can always add a rolling cover so I felt more inclined to run with this. The sale hit and it was game on.
Yes, KCs were all over most of my builds from early on. I remember the days of pulling multiple runs of 10 gauge wire to run them puppies. I reached out to KC and asked for help as I couldn't figure out how to make their system work. I understood this 2.0 would support up to a 40" light bar so I decided I wanted the Pro6 39" Universal light bar with a combo pattern but they confirmed they didn't have a mount to get it to work with this setup. I was pretty bummed and about to hit eBay again when I got wrapped up in a long conversation with the guy from KC, cool fellow I have to say as he chatted like an old friend, about previous builds we both did using single halogens when he said they have now the Pro6s as individuals. I hopped right on that, classic KC styling and all, but will have to wait for them to be built. They did have a 15% discount going but that looks to be over now. I mentioned to him I was concerned about theft as they are expensive and he said they have locks for the mount stud just like wheel locks. This guy had an answer for it all!
Going individual I lose one light but save about $450 and they'll toss in a pre-made harness at no charge. I am not too concerned about 5 lights opposed to 6 as it'll be like the good ole days. I was told they pull collectively less than 20 amps running so just running power and ground once!

http://www.kchilites.com/light-type/led/pro6-leds/gravity-led-pro6-led-light-bar.html

http://www.kchilites.com/light-type/led/pro6-leds/gravity-led-pro6-single-light.html

http://www.kchilites.com/accessories/light-locks.html

Navy Six Zero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Outstanding Sir! I really appreciate you taking the time to break it all down and provide links as well.

Pretty sure I will be in your footsteps here fairly soon!

Take care!

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Outstanding Sir! I really appreciate you taking the time to break it all down and provide links as well.

Pretty sure I will be in your footsteps here fairly soon!

Take care!

Awesome! Happy to have helped.
Post up your pictures once you got it mounted. You'll be amazed at how good it looks once installed.