Good morning guys, I finally came back home!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeveretts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I was here one time about 4 years ago. I bought a project 2004 Dodge Ram with a blown 4.7. That truck was ok but I didn't keep it long. And due to it's history I pretty much swore off RAM's.

I had a Tacoma for awhile, then recently bought a 2017 Colorado 4x4 with the Duramax Diesel. I have a pop up camper that weighs about 3000lbs and that diesel Colorado would pull it like a champ, and the build in exhaust brake was brilliant... but I now have 3 grandkids, and my daughter is trying to have her first.. So I figured I needed a bigger truck so I could haul all the rugrats camping.

I would have never gone back to RAM if not for one thing. Last December my company was holding a tradeshow at the Daytona International Speedway, and we rent the two hotels right there at the speedway for guests. I run the IT department, so I was there a few days in advance getting all the printers, and tablets and media stations and whatnot up and running. While at one of the hotels setting up registration kiosks, I met two people who worked for Chrysler/Fiat, we shared a big conference table to do work and I talked with them a lot. I told them how much of a POS my 2004 was, and how it needed a new engine at 120K miles and they couldn't stop going on and on about how good they are now... that seed stuck in my mind.

So I decided to go truck shopping. The first truck I looked at was a Titan, it was a nice truck, and my uncle is on his second, he put 250K on his first and then had a rollover accident in it, came out alive. So I figured that was worth a look, but the salesman was such a dud, I had to walk off the lot.

Then I headed to the RAM dealer and found a deal far too good to pass up.

I found a 2019 RAM classic quad cab, Big Horn, 5.7 4x2. And it has all the stuff I like. Navigation and nice infotainment, cloth seats, tow package, 20" rims (OK, I really don't like the way the rims look if we're being honest). Sticker MSRP was right around $42K. It was a dealer loaner, and had 3K miles on it and was in service for about 4 months. So it is CPO and gets the extra warranty. They were asking $31K.

I'm not a cash buyer, but I did have a check from my credit union that I could fill out at any dealer, so as far as the dealer was concerned, I was a cash buyer.

I hit them at $29K, I was the only customer on the lot and they took it. Then I told them I needed $28K for my trade. 2017 Colorado LT, every option including the Duramax and 34K miles. This was about 500 higher than the high range of KBB and they took that too.

So, I left my Chevy and about $2500 and walked out with a nearly new RAM. Probably the best deal I ever made on a car. And probably because I needed no financing, and I was fully prepared to walk and buy a F150 or Silverado.

So... enough babbling... here is the truck!

IMG_20190607_131242.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome back. Nice looking truck

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Awesome truck!! And by far the best deal I’ve heard of in a long time.
Welcome back Aboard from Denison Texas.
Let the modding begin!!!

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

natethecarlover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome back. That was an amazing deal you got, your unbelievably lucky!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome:back home! Awesome deal and nice rig, congrats.