Google Assitant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Breslau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone figured out how to use the Google Assistant steering wheel controls? Anytime I use it it just says "When safe, use the app on your phone" but I can never use it while I am driving. Kind of defeats the purpose.

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Siri works by holding the phone button. I think that's a universal "ai wake up " button press?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
J

Jason Breslau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Siri works by holding the phone button. I think that's a universal "ai wake up " button press?

It triggers the AI, but it always wants me to do something on my phone, instead of just being able to speak.

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
It triggers the AI, but it always wants me to do something on my phone, instead of just being able to speak.

I haven't used android for a couple years but could it be permissions based through the account or phone settings ? Surely we have plenty of members using android that have at least attempted this. I'm sure somebody can give more pertinent info when they get off work.

OP
OP
J

Jason Breslau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got this working. Must have been an issue with my phone's permissions.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk