got salt! rust protection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
looking to have my new ram rust proofed. I live in a wet snowy climate where extreme levels of road salt are used. I have always used rust check or krown on previous trucks but when I was at one ram dealer he really praised the dodge one time rust proofing yet another dodge dealer said it was a complete waste of money??? anyone with any real world experience with the dodge rust proofing? or would you recommend the yearly application of rust check or krown? which of these two are better?
thanks
4sport

YIMBROKE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
We have a local company here called zbart that does undercoating, it lasted 12 years on my 99 silverado in upstate ny winters.

hermit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have always worked including rustproofing at the end of my vehicle negotiatons, and it used to be fine. But since the bailouts, they yanked my old dealer's franchise. The new place did a suck a__ job. Bare metal under bed, nothing inside door panels ...guess they dont expect people to look or keep em very long. They offered to do it again, but I lost the trust. Went to Ziebart and forked out $500 for a proper job. My advice...pay someone who specializes in doing it.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

derek_m

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i use carwell oilspray. once a year and comes with warrenty.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I think a good rust proofing job is well worth it. My 85 chev was double coated when new, and it is still there. NO RUST underneath, and it was purchased in NY, and then went to Washington, and lots of time other places.

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I heard that Cathodic rust prevention system is a good method. It has sacrificial anodes that will rust away before it happens to the body of the vehicle.