GPS can't find my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbird1967

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
I live in the US, but bought a 2018 RAM 2500 from a US dealer that they got in from Canada. My navigation wants to start in Quebec, Canada. I had two dealerships say I need a new radio. I called Chrysler and they said I didn't need to. They suggested setting my navigation to my Home address and going in a tight circle clockwise 4 times. I tried this and still don't work. Any suggestions?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Wonder if the GPS antenna is not working correctly if it doesn't locate the vehicle.
Being it's an '18 model year, your better off plugging in a smart phone and using AndroidAuto/CarPlay. The mapping is current, real time traffic data and routing is a lot better.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2013 wanted to start me out in TX, and I live in ID. I tried every suggestion, and nothing worked. I ended up pulling the radio and sending it out for repair, at a third of the cost of a new one from the dealer. Still not cheap, but it was fixed. Plus, I learned, the dealers do not use new replacements, they are all refurbished. If you can't get it to work, I would keep an eye open for used one's which I see for sale on this forum from time to time, or check out a salvage yard. I wish you luck. Or put in a Garmin if you want GPS.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just relocate to Quebec? ;) How often do you really use the GPS? My '17 is missing roads that have been paved for 8 years, so it's pretty out of date from the get-go.