Grill Shutters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that i mentioned the two videos, that were made by Motor City Mechanic.
He explains during the video, why he removes some of the slats, not because he needs to, but to show us what he is describing

&

TakingOverGo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks! Sorry, other things cropped up and just seeing your response.
Strangely, the remote start happened with no prompting the other day? I never do it, and had locked the truck and was walking away and it just started?

The grill shutter code returned for a few hours last Saturday, and went off after driving for about twenty miles ... it is HOT! ECU issue?

NOW ... There's a slight jerk when lifting off the brake at traffic light when it turns green. Seems like the bed wants to come into the cab sort of feeling and sound?

Are there adjustable screws on the bed that might wear or loosen over time?
Can't get it into the dealership they are overbooked (everyone is having issues I guess) in this small town. One option only ... thinking about Firestone, but my husband is a loyal soul. Even though he can't drive it any longer, he's pretty devoted!
If there's any ideas on that ... I've read and did so many YouTube videos, my head is spinning!
I'd appreciate ANYTHING!
Thanks again for coming to the rescue!

TakingOverGo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thank you for those ... I did watch them when it happened the first time. I have watched so many videos!
I was able to go in and take the clips and cover off to see into the area. There was a insect dried nest on a couple of them and they couldn't move. That was an easy task that time; however, I am pretty sure removing any of them is not an option. Still haven't gotten over the no cabin air filter fiasco.
I am fighting to get it back to the dealership to get some scans done (at least); before they said they opened and closed during the testing. I do believe it's electrical and not sure what all the ECU is about, but I do appreciate you taking the time to respond to my SOS!

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thank you for those ... I did watch them when it happened the first time. I have watched so many videos!
I was able to go in and take the clips and cover off to see into the area. There was a insect dried nest on a couple of them and they couldn't move. That was an easy task that time; however, I am pretty sure removing any of them is not an option. Still haven't gotten over the no cabin air filter fiasco.
I am fighting to get it back to the dealership to get some scans done (at least); before they said they opened and closed during the testing. I do believe it's electrical and not sure what all the ECU is about, but I do appreciate you taking the time to respond to my SOS!
I have not done it myself and don't know the procedure but the way it sounds, removing the center slat is not difficult.

Perhaps someone can chime in on the procedure?

TakingOverGo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The YouTube videos with "MotorCity Mechanic" was where I got the instructions to access the shutters.

TakingOverGo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I believe that i mentioned the two videos, that were made by Motor City Mechanic.
He explains during the video, why he removes some of the slats, not because he needs to, but to show us what he is describing

&
To: NETim