Grille Guard for a 2019 1500 Classic Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kremer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock 5.7 Hemi V8, and I can’t seem to find a grille guard for it. All the grille guards I find say excluding the Rebel and Warlock series.

Can anyone here tell me the technical reason why no grille guard will fit on my 2019 Warlock? Or can anyone here suggest a grille guard that they know for sure will fit my truck? I contacted RAM directly and they were unable to tell me why I can’t find a grille guard for this truck, frustrating to say the least.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been there done that with my 2020 and 2021 Classic & Warlock...has something to do with the grill set up/strength points. I may stand corrected but it sure is dumb! I looked on both of mine to find the same result as you have.

OP
OP
Kremer

Kremer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve watched a few grille guard install videos now, and a good amount seem to attach to where the front tow hooks are located. My vehicle has front tow hooks so I’m even more confused now why I can’t install a guard made for this type of installation. I really wish RAM was able to tell me the technical reason why I can’t install a grille guard on this truck. It’s their off road trim package, yet I can’t add one of the most important add on‘s for off roading like a grille guard. Sad.

Hbans99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its because of the bumper. All of those grille guards require you to cut a hole in the plastic cover on a regular Ram, but ours/Rebels have a steel bumper. You can install them if you're comfortable cutting into the bottom steel on your bumper

OP
OP
Kremer

Kremer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for sharing! How did you find this out? Just curious.

I’d have no issue modifying the bumper a tad to accommodate. Do you know of a certain grille guard that would work nicely for this?

Did you ever put one on your truck?

OP
OP
Kremer

Kremer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its because of the bumper. All of those grille guards require you to cut a hole in the plastic cover on a regular Ram, but ours/Rebels have a steel bumper. You can install them if you're comfortable cutting into the bottom steel on your bumper
Sorry forgot to quote your message, so you were made aware I replied.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same issue did figure out that hbans99 is correct. About the bumpers . To me it does not mean it will not fit. It should state that the bumper is steel and needs to be cut to make it work but im sure it's some sort of liability issue. I basically gave up on the idea.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thank you for sharing! How did you find this out? Just curious.

I’d have no issue modifying the bumper a tad to accommodate. Do you know of a certain grille guard that would work nicely for this?

Did you ever put one on your truck?
The Rancher will probably work as it ONLY mounts to the frame where the hooks mount. IMO it has the strongest mounting of all the guards.

The Rancher does not require any cutting as it only uses the frame for mounting. It does not have any over the bumper mounting.

Ramcap1891

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock 5.7 Hemi V8, and I can’t seem to find a grille guard for it. All the grille guards I find say excluding the Rebel and Warlock series.

Can anyone here tell me the technical reason why no grille guard will fit on my 2019 Warlock? Or can anyone here suggest a grille guard that they know for sure will fit my truck? I contacted RAM directly and they were unable to tell me why I can’t find a grille guard for this truck, frustrating to say the least.

Thank you.
i buy the black horse and this one has 3 brackets on each side ; top from the headlights (the only ones that fit correctly ) the middle ones between bumper and grill and the ones to the frame .
the problem with the middle ones are to shorts to reach from the back of the bumper to the guard like 2 inches and the bottom ones doesn't fit thru the holes where the hooks are and also shorts by 2 to 3 inches i will make same brackets on the weekend since all the brackets available are the same

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2021 Warlock also. Love the grill have done lots of LED mods, muffler, Vararam CAI going for wheels… could not found grill guard like you please keep us in the loop.. cheers