Grille Lights on at Start up !.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have 2021 Bighorn 1500 and I installed a new Grille with 4 LED Lights, plus 2 more on the Flares.

Can anyone tell me the circuit I can tap to have the Grille Lights-Plus, turn on at startup and stay on till shut down.

The amperage draw will be minimal for the 6 LED Lights so I am not worried aobut tapping an existing circuit just not sure which would work the best.

Thanks for your time.

OP
OP
RedRAM21

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No auto-electricians willing to help a newer member ?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably the easiest would be to use a fuse tap into the trailer lights fuse. That way you are nut cutting into any wires, and if I remember right they are not on the canbus either.

OP
OP
RedRAM21

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks for the help, but I tapped the DRL Fuse in the under the hood Fuse Box (Circuit Box).

Now my Grille Lights are on with my DRLs, and look good.

Happy Camper !

One_like_God

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm installing some grille lights with amber turn signals to my 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I need to individually tap into the front left and front right turn signals. I tried to tap into the fuse box under the hood for each individual side, (F09 and F10) but when I do that both of the new turn signals flash at the same time. Each grille light came with 3 wires- red for DRL power, black for ground, and yellow for the amber turn signals. Can anyone please tell me where I could connect each yellow wire so that they each flash with their corresponding side? So far, I hooked both red power wires up the the "trailer cam" fuse under the hood, and I ran the ground wire. The lights look great! Now, I just need to figure out where to tap these yellow wires into so that they both work properly. I even tried an experiment and ran a jumper wire from the flat 4 pin trailer plug to each light, but it didn't matter which side turn signal I turned on, they both would flash at the same time! It's starting to get a little frustrating because I'm sure there's an easy fix! Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated!