H13 LED Headlight bulb back to stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bayoukayaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi I have a 2012 ram 1500 with the factory dual headlight setup. When I bought the truck used it came with Oracle brand LED headlight bulbs from the previous owner and now I have one that has gone out. My question is can I buy any H13 LED bulb from Amazon or will they overheat and cause issues? The reason I'm asking is because I searched on the forum and it kinda lead me in circles (probably my fault). I don't want to fork over $180+ bucks for Oracle headlight bulbs tbh. Any information will be appreciated thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi I have a 2012 ram 1500 with the factory dual headlight setup. When I bought the truck used it came with Oracle brand LED headlight bulbs from the previous owner and now I have one that has gone out. My question is can I buy any H13 LED bulb from Amazon or will they overheat and cause issues? The reason I'm asking is because I searched on the forum and it kinda lead me in circles (probably my fault). I don't want to fork over $180+ bucks for Oracle headlight bulbs tbh. Any information will be appreciated thanks
I have had good performance from Hikari LEDs in reflector housings. The Hikari Ultras will have a better "filament" placement and by extension a better beam pattern.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could put stock bulbs back or upgrade them to H9's and perhaps do something with a lightbar or led fog lights? Should be so much less of a headache overall.

OP
OP
Bayoukayaker

Bayoukayaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll look into the Hikari lights thanks.
I'm not big on light bars, I like the factory look but wanted to keep the LED bulbs because they're bright and I pull a boat through back roads a lot and they help me see wildlife better. I really want to try some cheap Amazon bulbs without burning my daily driver to the ground lol.