Had anybody else had this problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesQ324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
About 2 months ago I got a message on the info center in my 09 1500 that the "Right rear turn signal lamp is out" I have aftermarket tail lights and when I hit the right turn signal all the lights flash but they flash rapidly. My first instinct was it's a flasher relay. But every thing I research doesn't give me the location of the relay so I can change it. The rapid flash and tick is driving me insane. Has anyone else had this issue and how in God's name do I fix it?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think a few companies make plug in canbus foolers for aftermarket taillights.The blinker is computer controlled

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Most aftermarket tail lights don't come with blinker fluid. You topped off the fluid after you installed the lights, right?

jk. As others have said, you probably need a resistor.

OP
OP
JamesQ324

JamesQ324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The aftermarket tail lights had resistors on them, I'm guessing that's what went bad on the right one. Don't know where to get a new one though. Any suggestions on where to get them would be most appreciated.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Needs more resistance in the circuit... I would add a 3 to 5 ohm resistor in series with lamps..