Happy new '22 PW owner here. What to watch for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, love my '22 PW, got it new in Jan. I've had a '15 6.4L tradesman and a '06 5.9L 2500 before this. I just got tired of the bouncy ride, even aired down. This PW is way smoother on the washboard but still a 3/4 ton. I don't tow often but have a bumper pull camper and an enclosed util trailer, both well under 10k. Haven't even run them yet but I'm hoping there's not much squat. Anyway, I had a couple mods, lights, compressor but nothing drastic yet. Super happy with the rig, haven't even off roaded much yet, just wanted to hear if there's anything to look out for.

Android Auto wireless with the big screen is a bit frustrating, even following all the advice, reboots, add/delete/add again the devices. It seems to disconnect less when plugged in, I can live with that.

After these 33s need replacing I plan on going to 35s since the interwebs tell me a 35 will still fit in the spare tire well if it's aired down while 37s won't. Those 33s just look too small.

I removed the side badging but it's still on the tailgate. Do we PW owners all waive at each other like bikers or what? I'm new to the party.

Fselrahc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont wave to other PW owners, don't wave when I'm driving either of my jeeps either. Seems silly to wave to someone just because of what they are driving. "hey let me wave to you because we both are on a Motorcycle"

Do minivan divers wave to eachother? LOL
Motorcycle riders are often out numbered on the road and more likely not to survive an accident. It's not a "wave". It is two fingers pointed at the ground, "Hey, keep the rubber side down and both wheels on the ground." It signifies that the rider is wishing the other rider to stay safe and ride safe. For me it also said, I SEE you. The biggest threat to a motorcyclist on the highway is not being seen.

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
We need a pic of this PW...I wave from time to time to HD ram guys...and get thumbs ups and wave from time to time..ive had my 21 for 2.5 years and have seen maybe a dozen other PWs...pretty rare in New England....agree on the ride quality...test drove a tradesman 20 mins before the PW ride...hard no...tradesman is a good truck if that's what you need...I tow a 4 position enclosed snowmobile trailer...I believe about 8K...85mph for hours to the Canadian border...does just fine...good luck

Attachments

• 20230611_111320.jpg
    20230611_111320.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 11

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wave to all the other tradesman drivers as my hand bounces up and down from the rough ride.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's a truck, not a cult. No need to engage in secret handshakes or waves.

The biggest thing to watch out for is your wallet if modification mania sets in...

This is the thing that will get you.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Motorcycle riders are often out numbered on the road and more likely not to survive an accident. It's not a "wave". It is two fingers pointed at the ground, "Hey, keep the rubber side down and both wheels on the ground." It signifies that the rider is wishing the other rider to stay safe and ride safe. For me it also said, I SEE you. The biggest threat to a motorcyclist on the highway is not being seen.
Yeah, I wave to other MC riders, when I am riding. But then I have a big a * * monster Trike, so three wheels on the ground. More than once, I was so happy I got a boxer V6 motor, to get away from idjuts who: "I did not see U mentality". Kinda like defensive driving X 10. If U ride a MC and do not defensive ride, IMHO, U is a lil "silly"... And I have 2 driving lights, fog lights, wrap around trunk lights etc, and I still get da: Duh, did not see U idjuts.

337886109_938763160474275_2361733200592748428_n.jpg

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wave…. Really. I sent to one finger salute to anyone that waves and I don’t know them.

I hate driving my wife Heep. Everyone wants to be your friend. Then there’s the duck thing, what’s with the ducks?

What is the new PW fad, wave at everyone and leave *****’s on each others trucks.

Time to sell!

Last edited:

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wave…. Really. I sent to one finger salute to anyone that waves and I don’t know them.

I hate driving my wife Heep. Everyone wants to be your friend. Then there’s the duck thing, what’s with the ducks?

What is the new PW fad, wave at everyone and leave *****’s on each others trucks.

Time to sell!
You take that back! Jeep is best vehicle ever created… until the 4 door came out.