Hard Water Stains on my Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myinhousebigdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 cyl. 5.2 LT
Hi, my windshield is literally covered in hard water stains. All "homemade" solutions are just not working for me!
I'm 65 and disabled and unable to use this 0000-steel wool method for that reason. Please tell me something here.
Are there any products on the market today that truly works to dissolve these stains without having to use lots
of physical labor to use? Something that has decent product reviews!
Thanks, appreciate it.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I guess you tried vinegar and or lemon juice…

they make a 3M Pad that’s equivalent to OOOOO steel wool..

Extension poles and ladders and a squeegee wrapped microfiber towel?

3M makes a glass polish but its got silica and you need to think special precautions.

We mixed ammonia and vinegar one time in the spring and we had about every yellow jacket from a ten mile radius.

Trizac by 3M is used for glass scratches and comes in different grits 3000 and up .
just in case you got zealous with a brush or a metal razor blade …plastic blades work much safer.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Hard to beat 3M's synthetic steel wool pads for something like this to aid in removal. Restored a couple of motorcycle exhausts using it even on a "black chrome" exhaust. Always start with the least abrasive 1st. Good luck.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i use meguiars spot remover or if they're really bad, vinegar and a melamine sponge.same as a magic eraser but a fraction of the price.i have really hard water at my place so spots are always an issue.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is serval things to try. Clay mit maybe. Undrdog WSP, maybe or Carpro Essence and meguires black microfiber pad? I hate water spots on glass. I had a brand new G wagon come in with water spots all over the glass. It took me 6 hours of polishing to get them to go away...

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wax my every month or so with Nufinish...easy wipe on/off...helps it stay cleaner to boot.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
In my situation, I had good results with glass top stove cleaner.
I was going to ask if anyone tried this. The amount of suff that removes even after all other solutions is amazing.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I get hard water stains all the time.
Clean your windshield with white vinegar than glass cleaner. Don’t need steel wool or clay bar.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are physically challenged your best bet is to pay a detailer to remove the hard water spots. I’m in good physical condition yet I sweat no matter what method I’ve used over the years to remove water spots. There is no magic elixir that you wipe on and spots vanish, any remedy you try requires some degree of physical effort.

mgturbo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, my windshield is literally covered in hard water stains. All "homemade" solutions are just not working for me!
I'm 65 and disabled and unable to use this 0000-steel wool method for that reason. Please tell me something here.
Are there any products on the market today that truly works to dissolve these stains without having to use lots
of physical labor to use? Something that has decent product reviews!
Thanks, appreciate it.
mckees37.com

Coosawjack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Screen Shot 02-20-23 at 10.43 AM.PNG

Inexpensive and available at Walmart......wipe it on then rinse off........BEST thing I've ever found for water spots!!

Also, 90% Isopropyl Alcohol removes Pine Sap in a FLASH no matter how hard it is!!

That's all I can contribute right now!!;)