Harmon 17 speaker system with smaller screen??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all,
I'm looking at a '22 3500 truck which states it has the "Laramie Package B", which includes the 17 speaker H/K system, but just below that it says 8.4 Uconnect. And in the pictures, it's the smaller screen. I've never seen that combination.....every time I see a H/K equipped truck, it always has the monster screen in it. And no....there isn't a "minus this option, etc" listed on the sticker. Just seems like a very bizarre combination.

Mike

brunzca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (non-Etorque)
I have a 2022 Laramie with the HK system and the 8.4” screen.

OP
OP
miketx

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 Laramie with the HK system and the 8.4” screen.
Ok, thanks for confirming I'm not crazy :) Do you think it sounds better than the 9 speaker Alpine setup? I wonder what that package actually includes...just the H/K speakers, and no mods to the amp or radio, or ?

ProsperRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (eTourqe)
Ok, thanks for confirming I'm not crazy :) Do you think it sounds better than the 9 speaker Alpine setup? I wonder what that package actually includes...just the H/K speakers, and no mods to the amp or radio, or ?
i have a 2024 Limited with the H/K system and it is very nice. I had a 2016 Longhorn with the Alpine system. The alpine was good, but the H/K is much better.

brunzca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (non-Etorque)

The speakers aren’t HK (and the Alpine package doesn’t have Alpine speakers). The HK pkg has 2 additional speaker locations - a tweeter in each of the front doors. The amp is tuned a little differently, the Alpine has a little more bass, but IMO, the HK sounds better overall. The head unit is the same. I took everything out (speakers and factory amp), and replaced it all with aftermarket amps, DSP, and speakers.