Has anyone verified who makes the "Alpine" speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Alpine sounds “decent “ to those that don’t know better. It can be upgraded to sound much better pretty easily.

Gerard22295

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good news is the speaker quality has been detected a while back and I was well aware of it prior to purchasing my 2020 Ram, so first on the list was speaker replacement. You can actually work the price when buying your truck so replacement doesn't cost you, but your labor, the install is easy (best part), there are You tube videos everywhere.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
No, it's not "bait and switch"...Its dumb ******* e r consumer buying name-branded crap without doing their homework. HP, Acer, Lenovo...they all sell computers and none of them have house-made components, and there is no way of knowing that without taking them apart. Is that bait and switch, too? File a bait and switch complaint with the local DA...watch them laugh you out of the office. Geez...you bought it..own it. A sucker is born every minute, and this is your minute.
All true, but I think what the Ram is doing with Alpine is worse. When that $99 TV is not there you know it. Nobody knows what's really inside that "Alpine" speaker unless they tear apart the showroom's Ram truck. I ordered my truck. I had a choice and knew that the "upgraded" stereo would only give me more crappy speakers and an annoying booming bass. Most people buy off the dealer floor; have no idea; don't have the time to research every little detail on the stereo; and are more concerned with other things about the truck.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I guess the newer models are different. on my '19 Laramie the 9 spkr Alpine system was standard. no promotion or hype as an upgrade so for me it is what it is. A ride in my brother in laws '18 silverado ltz makes me appreciate the sound I get from mine even if it sounds "crappy" to some others.