Hate that tranny knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This thread wouldn’t make me happy to have a 6-speed....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

x2.

For me, having a few issues when trying to rapidly do a multi point turn, does not take away from the beauty of the 8spd. I also love the placement, just wish it was executed slightly different so it didn't look like the AC/Volume controls. I also would like a different "feel" when shifting from Drive to Reverse vs Drive to Park.

Still would take this setup over the column shifter. Now, if there was a 1/2 stick, that is what I would have. As good as Autos are these days, I prefer to tow with stick.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
x2.

For me, having a few issues when trying to rapidly do a multi point turn, does not take away from the beauty of the 8spd. I also love the placement, just wish it was executed slightly different so it didn't look like the AC/Volume controls. I also would like a different "feel" when shifting from Drive to Reverse vs Drive to Park.

Still would take this setup over the column shifter. Now, if there was a 1/2 stick, that is what I would have. As good as Autos are these days, I prefer to tow with stick.

Wonder if they will take into account people despise the knob. Get say the sport floor shiftier and the 8 speed, now were talken. Wonder what compelled them to think it was a good idea or is that the only way to get the 8 speed to work?

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wonder if they will take into account people despise the knob. Get say the sport floor shiftier and the 8 speed, now were talken. Wonder what compelled them to think it was a good idea or is that the only way to get the 8 speed to work?
I can say that it isnt. My '15 Charger had a floor shifter and was an 8 speed. I like the dial. But I am a little confused why so many people buy the vehicle if they despise the dial so much. Like, if I went to buy my truck and I needed it to be a 6'4 box because I haul a lot in the bed, but all they had was the 5'7, I wouldnt buy it..Just get a 2500 if its AS important as some people are making it seem.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I can say that it isnt. My '15 Charger had a floor shifter and was an 8 speed. I like the dial. But I am a little confused why so many people buy the vehicle if they despise the dial so much. Like, if I went to buy my truck and I needed it to be a 6'4 box because I haul a lot in the bed, but all they had was the 5'7, I wouldnt buy it..Just get a 2500 if its AS important as some people are making it seem.

the dial isnt enough to make me hate the truck, its one tiny problem that is part of an amazing transmission, with the 8 speed on the v6 i get over 25 mpg on the hwy and just recently towed a SUV on my 20' car hauler and got 17mpg for a 3 hour trip loaded, and the gearing in that sucker made the v6 not even break a sweat to get the ball rolling, the transmission itself is amazing just the gear selector is dumb, but with that 3d printed knob i have now, i love the entire setup

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the dial isnt enough to make me hate the truck, its one tiny problem that is part of an amazing transmission, with the 8 speed on the v6 i get over 25 mpg on the hwy and just recently towed a SUV on my 20' car hauler and got 17mpg for a 3 hour trip loaded, and the gearing in that sucker made the v6 not even break a sweat to get the ball rolling, the transmission itself is amazing just the gear selector is dumb, but with that 3d printed knob i have now, i love the entire setup
Well obviously I wasnt specifically calling out anyone but I saw your fix. At least you 'fixed' it and now you love it! Better than just saying you dont like it lol

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well obviously I wasnt specifically calling out anyone but I saw your fix. At least you 'fixed' it and now you love it! Better than just saying you dont like it lol

We, we do have Ram officials that view the site... This is how things change. Not that they will make a change for vehicles no longer in production...

I like the dial, I am just looking for a better feel between R and P. I have made the mistake of turning the volume/AC up/down, but I have never adjusted the shifter instead of the volume/AC.

Evo1xvg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like the knob was not sure at first but now actually like it . Have been a Gm man since 69 . First Ram and I love it .