Hate that tranny knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tourrider

Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
if you could make a teal you would be my hero lol or even two tone
That's funny. I just ordered some teal material yesterday.

One thing you should know, and you'll discover, is that if you turn off your truck in gear, that position becomes the new park. Also is true sometimes if the auto-park kicks in. Just remove and reposition.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
That's funny. I just ordered some teal material yesterday.

One thing you should know, and you'll discover, is that if you turn off your truck in gear, that position becomes the new park. Also is true sometimes if the auto-park kicks in. Just remove and reposition.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

i didnt even think of that one, lol

ddetta88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dig the 3d printed design, I wonder if I took off the stock one and brought it to a machine shop if they could machine me one out of solid copper or brass.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find it odd that nobody makes an aftermarket knob. I searched for hours and could only find a few stickers.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I love my column shift 2500HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I added a Challenge coin on mine :) But that 3 D printer one is pretty cool ! DSC00259.JPG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a challenge coin as well for my first mod on my new truck. That silver spot was glaring, so i lined up the chevron to the gear I am in

IMG_4013.JPG

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys! My first car was a '58 Plymouth with push button drive, my 2nd. Car was a '60 Ford with a steering column stick automatic. I now own a new Big Horn with the dial shifter, my point is you can get use to anything and enjoy it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys! My first car was a '58 Plymouth with push button drive, my 2nd. Car was a '60 Ford with a steering column stick automatic. I now own a new Big Horn with the dial shifter, my point is you can get use to anything and enjoy it.
I don't have a problem with the knob, just the look

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it looks OK, there's a guy that makes custom decals that can be applied to the knob, in your case maybe A Brewers logo or a W for you Badgers..........or a Ohio State logo, LOL. ftd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it looks OK, there's a guy that makes custom decals that can be applied to the knob, in your case maybe A Brewers logo or a W for you Badgers..........or a Ohio State logo, LOL. ftd

Ha ha, maybe a Cubs sticker! I am just stuck in WI, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
that shaped knob is a great idea.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t read through all 195+ posts regarding the shifter knob on the dash but I like mine. Didn’t take me long at all to get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn’t read through all 195+ posts regarding the shifter knob on the dash but I like mine. Didn’t take me long at all to get used to it.

How are you with quickly doing a K-Turn? Here in the NYC area, I can not make a u-turn on any road without doing a K-turn with on coming traffic.

I end up going into park from Drive more often than I care to admit. I just wish there was a "push" to get into park or some other way to prevent accidental Park selection when one intends Reverse.

I do keep my had on the shifter so getting back into Drive isn't an issue (I turn one handed).

If one is in an area not as congested with narrow roads like Long Island/NYC/Northern NJ, I get where it wouldn't be a problem at all.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How are you with quickly doing a K-Turn? Here in the NYC area, I can not make a u-turn on any road without doing a K-turn with on coming traffic.

I end up going into park from Drive more often than I care to admit. I just wish there was a "push" to get into park or some other way to prevent accidental Park selection when one intends Reverse.

I do keep my had on the shifter so getting back into Drive isn't an issue (I turn one handed).

If one is in an area not as congested with narrow roads like Long Island/NYC/Northern NJ, I get where it wouldn't be a problem at all.

I’ll be honest, it took me a moment to figure out what da hell you meant by “K” turn. lol.

But I figured if I was having to do a four-way turn - it’s what we call that in the trucking industry, all the time then I’d be getting myself extremely familiar with my equipment on having to do a four-point turn as often as you probably do if I lived in such a congested, jam-packed city as where you are.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ll be honest, it took me a moment to figure out what da hell you meant by “K” turn. lol.

But I figured if I was having to do a four-way turn - it’s what we call that in the trucking industry, all the time then I’d be getting myself extremely familiar with my equipment on having to do a four-point turn as often as you probably do if I lived in such a congested, jam-packed city as where you are.

K-Turn, 3-Point Turn, Broken U-Turn.

I am familiar, the issue is if you need to keep your eyes on the road while making a gear selection, it is difficult to quickly differentiate Reverse from Park from dial shifter feedback.

I also have never owned a vehicle with a column shifter, my last ram was stick, so it might just be that I'm used to using feel feedback, while others aren't. With non-column shifter autos, you can release the shifter button while moving towards reverse, and they usually will lock in R without moving to P.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
K-Turn, 3-Point Turn, Broken U-Turn.

I am familiar, the issue is if you need to keep your eyes on the road while making a gear selection, it is difficult to quickly differentiate Reverse from Park from dial shifter feedback.

I also have never owned a vehicle with a column shifter, my last ram was stick, so it might just be that I'm used to using feel feedback, while others aren't. With non-column shifter autos, you can release the shifter button while moving towards reverse, and they usually will lock in R without moving to P.

I guess all I can say is practice, practice, practice.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm glad there is some positive discussion and what appears to be a possible fix, because the whining while beating a dead horse over this issue has been getting old.

:Violin::beatdeadhorse5::popcorn:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca