Have Sirius XM back again, problems again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAASON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
2019 Laramie with the 12" screen.

Bought the truck new with the free 1 year subscription of Sirius XM. Ongoing problems and multiple stops at the dealership with the problem of Sirius XM "loading" and no sound on any AM or FM stations. Turning radio off and on had no effect. Get in the truck next time it might be fine, maybe not. Very random in occurrences. Dealership checked it out multiple times and available updates were installed. At that time the best the dealership could do was "wait for an update to fix" and otherwise was unable to do anything.

Free trial ran out, not 1 problem since until last month when I got a free 2 month premium trial from Sirius XM. Once I accepted the offer I am having the same random problem of "loading" and no sound. Obviously related to having Sirius XM enabled in my truck.

Anyone having the same issue? Fixes?

Sent an email to the dealership's service advisor but have not gotten a response back yet.

OP
OP
J

JAASON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
An hour ago when I came home from work it was fine, left the house to take my daughter to work and no sound (Sirius/AM/FM) and no Sirius display- usually says "loading". Display does work with the AM, FM, and the NAV screen.

Sirius keeps sending me offers to renew, would be nice to know if this is a RAM problem or a Sirius XM problem. Frustrating!

Elvira

Reaction score
I would guess a radio problem, sirrius would not affect sound on am/fm let alone sound at all...it is only a signal.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
By the way, do not renew your XM for a while
They will lower the cost if you stall for a while
In your case, by the time that you figure out your radio, they may be down to 1/2 price

OP
OP
J

JAASON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
In your case, by the time that you figure out your radio, they may be down to 1/2 price
It has been well over a year since my original "free" subscription expired. I think this is why I received a no cost/no obligation 2 month service.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Or you can just call them and tell them what you are willing to pay. I just renewed mine last month. $100 for premium for a year.

Greg Motz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im having the same problem i found to fix the no sound problem shut the truck off remove key open and close the drivers door count to 10 restart the sound returned

OP
OP
J

JAASON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
im having the same problem i found to fix the no sound problem shut the truck off remove key open and close the drivers door count to 10 restart the sound returned

Worth a try if it happens again.

I did get a response from the service advisor. He said he was checking into it. Shortly after his reply I had an "over the air" update come across and it took 20+ minutes for it to download. So far, so good. I won't say it is fixed until I go a least a month or more with no issues.

jtl4pr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
2019 Laramie with the 12" screen.

Bought the truck new with the free 1 year subscription of Sirius XM. Ongoing problems and multiple stops at the dealership with the problem of Sirius XM "loading" and no sound on any AM or FM stations. Turning radio off and on had no effect. Get in the truck next time it might be fine, maybe not. Very random in occurrences. Dealership checked it out multiple times and available updates were installed. At that time the best the dealership could do was "wait for an update to fix" and otherwise was unable to do anything.

EDIT - discovered for the first time today in all of this mess that when the Sirius error loading comes up on screen that the traffic data within Nav app has no data. I turned the truck off and then back on and Sirius connects and I checked the traffic data on the Navigation app and suddenly there was data. I’ve since gone back out to the truck and of course it’s not working again. @RamCares
Free trial ran out, not 1 problem since until last month when I got a free 2 month premium trial from Sirius XM. Once I accepted the offer I am having the same random problem of "loading" and no sound. Obviously related to having Sirius XM enabled in my truck.

Anyone having the same issue? Fixes?

Sent an email to the dealership's service advisor but have not gotten a response back yet.

Have had the same issue with my truck since I bought new in 2020. It’s a 2020 Ram 1500 with 12” screen. Dealt with it for a solid year. Talked to dozens of people at Ram, UConnect and Sirius. Tried every reset, etc there is. Waiting for supposed updates that were over the air or flashed at dealership. Dealer even replaced the whole radio. Didn’t fix. After a year of it I finally got hold of someone at Sirius who knew their a&$ from a hole in the ground. It worked for the last 8 months until my “subscription” ended. No idea what she did. Now after Sirius renewed on 10/12 I am right back at no volume control, can’t change radio source and Sirius shows searching for signal. 90% of the time it won’t work and then I’ll get in and it’ll work for a bit.
So I’m 80% convinced it has to do with Sirius. I suppose it could also be the radio not properly receiving information but that seems less likely.
Sirius Advanced tech support (no real diff between regular and advanced) manager is to call me 10/19 and do a master reset - whatever that is. If that doesn’t work I will try to cancel everything Sirius and try to remove it from the truck and hopefully that will work. If not I’ll be chewing on the dealer later in the day.
@RamCares HOPEFULLY YOU ARE MONITORING THESE BOARDS AND KNOW CUSTOMERS ARE SERIOUSLY PIS$&@ off.

Last edited:

jtl4pr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
@JAASON do you by chance have a dealer installed tracking? Maybe Sirius Guardian?

jtl4pr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Do not buy any Ram with 12” screen or auto start/stop. There are constant known problems with both and both are complete junk. Dealers have no idea what to do, Ram won’t fix or is incompetent. Just avoid ilthem at all costs.