Headers and Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks,
Over the past year I’ve experimented a lot with my engine and trans tune to the point I’m fairly comfortable with making changes. Mine runs awesome now, but there were many, many lessons along the way!
What part of Calgary are you in David.I'm out in Airdrie.In the summer the local ALX group holds a weekly meet in the Canadian Tire/Marks parking lot in Airdrie.Us truck guys are welcome.I usually have both my wifes 1320 Challenger and my truck at the meets.You should come out sometime.If you join this site on facebook,we usually have the meets posted.
Rick

Attachments

• DSCN5104 (2).JPG
    DSCN5104 (2).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN5257 (2).JPG
    DSCN5257 (2).JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN4938 (2).JPG
    DSCN4938 (2).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 14

David_Jacobs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What part of Calgary are you in David.I'm out in Airdrie.In the summer the local ALX group holds a weekly meet in the Canadian Tire/Marks parking lot in Airdrie.Us truck guys are welcome.I usually have both my wifes 1320 Challenger and my truck at the meets.You should come out sometime.If you join this site on facebook,we usually have the meets posted.
Rick

Hi,
On the west side. I’ll keep an eye out for that and make a turn for sure. Thanks

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Rick

that is such a beautiful truck!!!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
that is such a beautiful truck!!!
Thanks Seabrook.For a 14 it still looks not to bad yet,lol.I'm a bit **** about keeping it clean and looking good.The bottom side still looks virtually new yet.I'm also a believer in bed rugs,this is the 2nd truck i've put bedrugs in,and when i traded my old one off ,the only thing i kicked my rear over letting go with the truck was the bedrug,so i ended up buying another for this truck ,lesson learned,lol.The truck is more toy then truck,and just turned over 48,000 miles .

Attachments

• IMG_3996.JPG
    IMG_3996.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4000.JPG
    IMG_4000.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 21

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Thanks Seabrook.For a 14 it still looks not to bad yet,lol.I'm a bit **** about keeping it clean and looking good.The bottom side still looks virtually new yet.I'm also a believer in bed rugs,this is the 2nd truck i've put bedrugs in,and when i traded my old one off ,the only thing i kicked my rear over letting go with the truck was the bedrug,so i ended up buying another for this truck ,lesson learned,lol.The truck is more toy then truck,and just turned over 48,000 miles .
lol i did that before- that truck is soooo clean omg!!!! Yea today was a big day for my me i sold my fz waverunner it was a solid 82/85 ski (yes modded) but next year im buying a new one - hope to get 92/95 after tune / intercooler / prop / retainers anyway idk what that has to do with your bedrug lol

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Rick

oh and i went back to work for shell mpc sucked lol

SouthernBornRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
don't waste time nor money on shorty headers, go long tube period. you can add exhaust dumps also, you will need tune, that product would be up to you, have you ever tuned before? if not inquire help.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say I would not spend the time and money for headers on a truck to gain a few ponies, unless it is being used on the strip and you have a cam, headwork, tuner, gears, etc.
I have been driving muscle cars since 1970, and long tube headers are great on a muscle car because they do not need the low end torque like a 6000 pound truck does.
I would take the money that the headers would cost and purchase a new unlocked PCM instead, because you will need one to install a tune. But I would replace the stock Y-Pipe first thing as this is the most restrictive part of the exhaust system. Check out this photo of the stock Y-Pipe and a aftermarket Y-adapter that was posted by another member.

OEM Y-pipe vs Magnaflow.JPG