Headers to replace headers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set of PaceSetter Long Tube Headers 72C2211 that I got from Moe's Performance. They have lasted about 13 years. Time to replace them. Moe's doesn't carry them anymore, but Summit Racing did, until I ordered them. Now Summit Racing only offers the black painted style of these headers. I have searched day and night for weeks and not even PaceSetter has them. The only thing wrong with these headers after 13 years is the collector area that goes to the exhaust has rusted to the point that a band clamp won't hold them together. Have these headers been discontinued or just a lack of material to make them? Any help on where to get these headers would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
OP
OP
427invader

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, anywhere that has sold the PaceSetter Long Tube Headers 72C2211 are out of stock. I went on Pacesetter's website and the item # does not exhist. My best guess is that they stopped making them. Now they and all the sellers I have looked at do still have the black painted version. My new question is how hard is it to get the paint stripped off to put a High Temp. Header Paint on? Getting the old paint off is the main point. I can have the headers run through the powdercoat tunnel at work. PaceSetter Long Tube Headers 70-2211 is the black painted header option. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, anywhere that has sold the PaceSetter Long Tube Headers 72C2211 are out of stock. I went on Pacesetter's website and the item # does not exhist. My best guess is that they stopped making them. Now they and all the sellers I have looked at do still have the black painted version. My new question is how hard is it to get the paint stripped off to put a High Temp. Header Paint on? Getting the old paint off is the main point. I can have the headers run through the powdercoat tunnel at work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have access to a sandblaster?

OP
OP
427invader

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I have one, but was worried about debris getting in where it doesn't belong. Are there liquid solvents that would evaporate so the paint comes off the outside and whatever liquid goes inside evaporates?

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you running cats? Is that why?
Its prob high temp already on there. I wouldnt worry about the media.high pressure air.

OP
OP
427invader

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I have CAT's. Unfortunatly I live in PA where you have to have emission testing. Also Pacesetter says that the black paint is only for manufacturing and trasportation not for high temp ratings and will burn off relatively fast.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I have CAT's. Unfortunatly I live in PA where you have to have emission testing. Also Pacesetter says that the black paint is only for manufacturing and trasportation not for high temp ratings and will burn off relatively fast.
Oh ok. Id blast them I guess. If its cheap paint maybe acetone or Lacquer thinner will remove but that would be a PITA.