Headlight and fog lights help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys looking to switch my bulbs out for some really nice looking and good headlight and fog lights. If you guys picks that's would be very helpful or brand names of great quality ones.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Skip all that Phillips Crystal Vision/SilverStar crap you can find anywhere.
For halogen bulbs, PIAA FTMFW. Seriously worth the $. If you go HID you need projector lenses to focus the energy of the light properly and not to blind oncoming drivers. It adds to the cost of a retrofit, but makes or breaks it.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I went with Silver Stars and I like them I do not know how they compare to PIAA but I like them did the heads and the fogs. I swapped out the high beams too with Xtravisions as I don't use the brights much.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I did the same thing, all Sylvania bulbs. Ultra for the low and high beam and silver star for the fog lights. Very happy. If anything blows out I know I can replace them at the nearest Wal-Mart or auto parts store. One fine day I'll have 55 watt retro fit quads and hid protected fog lamps from jj.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am running 6000k HIDS in my low beam and my fogs. I didn't use a projector or retrofit anything. I don't like the way they look. I have the standard quads. Once you install them face a wall. Adjust them to be true low beams and as well with the fogs. I have had HIDS in my vehicles for years and never been flashed or felt that I was blinded when passing my own vehicle. I did do that just to see.
I love the look of an HID and the way it shows the road ahead of me over halogen bulbs. I have some photos of mine and I can send them via PM or you can look for my HID/ram cc build thread.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I am running 6000k HIDS in my low beam and my fogs. I didn't use a projector or retrofit anything. I don't like the way they look. I have the standard quads. Once you install them face a wall. Adjust them to be true low beams and as well with the fogs. I have had HIDS in my vehicles for years and never been flashed or felt that I was blinded when passing my own vehicle. I did do that just to see.
I love the look of an HID and the way it shows the road ahead of me over halogen bulbs. I have some photos of mine and I can send them via PM or you can look for my HID/ram cc build thread.

Oh yeah, PM me so I could see that if it's no trouble. If Mike to make the comparison. I had HID's before but they were in a Corvette. The car is low to the ground anyway so I never got flashed. I don't want to blind anyone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2