Headlight Housing Out of Place

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had my whole front end replaced and the headlight housings don’t seem to be sitting right. I adjusted the up and down using the little adjusters under the hood on the fender kind of but they still seem to be a bit **** eyed/slanted.

My driver side headlight isn’t a nice clear circle, like my passenger one.

Could it be that the housings weren’t installed properly? 27501803a133df1a5feeb0b8511d701e.jpg
85cc94b001e1a9b4b8cd4c02505cc8de.jpg
4991ca7dd738389d56648fcccc1c70b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Looks like they didn’t pop the back end into place correctly.

OP
OP
katja

katja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would make sense because it’s like they are leaning forward too much

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
You can remove and replace yourself or you can take it back to your mechanic. It looks complicated but it's pretty easy. I've removed and replaced mine a dozen times trying out different lights. Here's a how to:

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
I have less orange peel on the citrus tree in my backyard than you do on that fender paint...Who worked on that? Based on that alone, I'd have to say the inner sheet metal that the headlights mount to are incorrectly mounted/installed, poor workmanship. Several reasons: Frame was dinged and not pulled correctly....Non-OEM sheet metal....Incorrect mounting of sheet metal on frame....Incorrect mounting of headlight tangs. Lots of reasons...Start by pulling the headlight assembly and peeking int here to see if the headlight mounts are correctly engaged.

mike12193

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/E-Torque
I have less orange peel on the citrus tree in my backyard than you do on that fender paint...Who worked on that? Based on that alone, I'd have to say the inner sheet metal that the headlights mount to are incorrectly mounted/installed, poor workmanship. Several reasons: Frame was dinged and not pulled correctly....Non-OEM sheet metal....Incorrect mounting of sheet metal on frame....Incorrect mounting of headlight tangs. Lots of reasons...Start by pulling the headlight assembly and peeking int here to see if the headlight mounts are correctly engaged.

agreed

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your truck is out of whack, the headlight is plastic so its not going to move like the metal will, it will just break. Who did your body work, who is your insurance company? They both need to try again.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Is that ceramic blue?

OP
OP
katja

katja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

A body shop that has a good reputation but the list of poor workmanship is too long to list. I’m taking it back to the shop today and say wtf fix it but in a calm adult like manner lol

OP
OP
katja

katja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your truck is out of whack, the headlight is plastic so its not going to move like the metal will, it will just break. Who did your body work, who is your insurance company? They both need to try again.

I’m from Canada and it was a place called Herbers Autobody. They have a lifetime warranty on the work and my insurance does too. I just got out from the body shop and the shop manager said what were they thinking, they shouldn’t have released the truck back to yet. Lots of adjustments need to be done. Gotta love the quality control of some places. $19,000 in damage and 1 month 13 days to fix it all originally.

OP
OP
katja

katja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what it looked like after some dummy ran a red light and smoked me574403862282f514b8d3a637e2680c69.jpg

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Yes it is

I hate that it was only available for a limited time in 2015... That’s the color I want next time.

OP
OP
katja

katja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate that it was only available for a limited time in 2015... That’s the color I want next time.

No doubt. They still make the orange ones and green ones but not the blue. I think blue looks the best out of the bunch.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
May just be light isn't back far enough and clipped in. My truck it takes me like 10 minutes per side to get them in right., the metal piece needs to go into that white hole with clip. For some reason my truck gives me issues every time, but eventually I get it in.