Headlight Housing Upgrade Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FamilyRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I got into a fender bender and destroyed the headlight on the driver side of my '16 RAM 1500 Tradesman. I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade the housing, as long as I have to buy a new one, and if so, what my options are. I don't want to spend a ton, so maybe just a mild upgrade?

I'm sure I had the basic halogen housing before... Can the factory, quad projector housings be swapped in? Is there a quality aftermarket housing that is popular here? The one upgrade I would really like to have is Amber DRLs. I had been planning to have the dealer turn on the option, but maybe now is a good time to think about that?

Any advice would be appreciated! I've been searching for hours but I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now is the perfect time to upgrade them. Here is a thread on one that would be good for you. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/anyone-try-modifystreet-headlights.137858/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
As @Michael stated the modifystreet/alpharex headlights are a great mid priced option to upgrade to. I have them currently running innovative 55w hid's ($50 on Amazon) and are definitely a great upgrade. I do also have and used katana led's ($40 on Amazon) that are just about as bright as the hid's I'm currently running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'll third what @Michael and @1500ram12 has said about the Modifystreet/Alpharex headlights.
I have the all chrome V1 in mine and really like them. I did add the dedicated DRL circuits to my truck, so my truck has eyebrows...lol

OP
OP
F

FamilyRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
That is PERFECT. Thanks guys! Now I just gotta pick the color/style! =)