Heaviest tow ever today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I towed the heaviest load that I've pulled with my truck, a little over 13K pounds. The most I'd ever pulled before was about half that.

There is a beast under my hood! When the turbo spools up, it's incredible how much torque these Cummins' have. Between the torque, exhaust brake and the trailer brake controller, it is a towing monster.

In 1989 when Dodge and Cummins had the idea to collaborate they set the bar and have never looked back.

If you have never towed with a Ram CTD, you owe it to yourself.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
If you want to see some heavy weight pull by a Ram/Cummins check out this video. 141,000 pounds - impressive.

Link:
Mike

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
These trucks will pull a house off the foundation if you want to! I pull a fifth wheel camper that weighs a little north of 10,000 # with mine and have run the cruise control at 70 mph up some Rocky mountain passes on the interstate if they don't have mean curves. What I like about all their torque is that the peak torque is achieved at 1600 rpm, where a gas engine has to rap nearly to redline to get half as much torque. They are pulling brutes!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you want to see some heavy weight pull by a Ram/Cummins check out this video. 141,000 pounds - impressive.

Link:
Mike
Impressive(ly sketchy as all hell!) WOW!
One little tow chain for all of that?! Good grief!

But yes, The Cummins is one hell of a powerhouse!