Help. . . Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hell-Hound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013 ram 1500

I hooked to a enclosed trailer a week ago. The first stop I made i cut the truck off and when i cranked it to leave I had no power steering and haven't had any since. I've ordered a new one and it should be here tomorrow.

Yesterday I got off work from the fire department and my truck wouldn't do anything. Went and got a new battery due to mine was almost 5 years old. Install and came home. I didn't go out to my truck all day. I walked out to it around 2200hrs. And heard a ticking under the hood, opened my door (no keys in truck) the auto climate was on, the radio, and a few warning lamps. (Stability, abs, tow, service). I unhooked battery and went to bed.

This morning, I go out to it hook battery up crank it. The wipers start running for no reason, no dash display other than the same warning lamps. I try to pull it into my shop but pressing the brake will not release my shifter from park. Cut the key off and truck still runs.

Help please.
2013 ram 1500 cc 4wd sport
Cai
Fog light drop
Used alfaobd to swap to 4445

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'd say You need a tipm something has gone wonky in the electrical circuitry they're known for causing issues like door. Locks and wipers and stuff to go weird.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Pop the cover off the TIPM and push down gently on the fuses. Inspect the connection to the positive terminal.

OP
OP
H

Hell-Hound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for yalls reply.

NJMOPAR, I pulled the tipm off the truck and checked it over. Reinstalled and checked all fuses and relays were pushed down.

Unfortunately it didn't fix it.
Fortunately there were no new issues

Brandon-W, that's what I was worried about. I just spent close to a grand on a steering rack smdh

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Easy but expensive. Fingers crossed it's good now.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk