Help: Headliner dropping/sagging around sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’m in the same boat on this issue. I watched a video on removing a 4th gen headliner, no sunroof… holy crap it’s an involved process.

Jetson495

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just noticed this issue on my truck, did anyone ever actually get it fixed?

14RamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We'll, I traded in my truck for a 2020 ram...so it's technically fixed

Never was able to fix it properly on my 2014

jaybytez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L V8
So I talked to Dodge Dealership and they told me to replace the interior roof/sag, would be around $1500. I was told to go to a car upholstery place and I did, got a quote of about $300 to fix the issue. Dodge Dealership won’t do simple glue to fix the detachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14RamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sad that they won't fix this as warranty work

Nolaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines is doing the exact same thing. RAM needs to put the large back window that rolls down like the Tundra. That way they could avoid taking the windshield out to replace the headliners .. I tried double sided tape but it didn't hold. I'm in Louisiana and the heat wouldn't let it stick. I'm looking for a high heat 3m tape and will try it again.

Last edited:

Yzkiley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
easy fix. I opened sun roof drilled a small hole in the tracking 4 places right above the plastic velco strip mount then slowly drilled with a larger bit to allow counter sinking a small tapered screw. a little silicone and screwed straight into the plastic. Headliner nice and tight. No leaks, and sun roof works perfectly. Problem solved - took less than an hour

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The same thing happened in my 2005, and it's happening in my 2018. It also occurred in my 2012 Challenger SRT8.

Dodge/Ram/Mopar uses only short pieces of Velcro to hold the headliner in place. The adhesive fails over time, especially for those of us that live in warmer climates.

What I did in my 2005 (and what I need to do in my 2018): Pull the headliner, and replace the cheap factory-applied Velcro with longer strips of industrial strength Velcro.

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
easy fix. I opened sun roof drilled a small hole in the tracking 4 places right above the plastic velco strip mount then slowly drilled with a larger bit to allow counter sinking a small tapered screw. a little silicone and screwed straight into the plastic. Headliner nice and tight. No leaks, and sun roof works perfectly. Problem solved - took less than an hour
yet there are no pics of your easy fix. Hmmm....

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

Any pics of your work?