Help with tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WesB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got an email tune for 05 hemi with fbo. Shifting worse now. Apparently can’t tune the trans? 192,000 km. Dealership said I likely lost what the trans had learned over the years. Advice?

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We're going to need more information than you got an email tune for a 05 hemi with fbo. What programmer (HP, SuperChips, Diablo, etc)? What tuner (FastHemis, local custom, or somebody else)?

I find it unlikely that your transmission "lost what it had learned" just because of the PCM being programmed with a tune. On that note, programmers typically backup your OE tune before flashing the new tune, so you can reflash your OE tune back to the PCM.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Got an email tune for 05 hemi with fbo. Shifting worse now. Apparently can’t tune the trans? 192,000 km. Dealership said I likely lost what the trans had learned over the years. Advice?
What exactly does "FBO'" mean for your truck? Did you get the tune from a reputable tuner? Was this a tune that had dyno-proven results?

For the 2005MY, even when B+ Power and Ground are removed from the PCM, the TCM side does not lose the stored CVI Values because they are considered a critical part of the vehicles operation. They have to be cleared with a scan tool and learned by a
TCM Re-Learn and then your driving fine-tunes the CVI's.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What exactly does "FBO'" mean for your truck?
New term getting thrown around that seems to have differing definitions depending on where you are or who you're talking to lol; "Full Bolt Ons"

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been using canned tunes for years and never tell my dealer.

Delete the tune and regain shifting.
My guess would be line pressure from tune causing issues.

OP
OP
W

WesB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys so sorry! I thought I would get a notification email. Anyway email tune from Jay G, pushed via diablo i3 , maybe it’s just me but trans doesn’t feel as crisp. Yes full bolt ons is 1-3/4 headers, catless to dual 2.5” exhaust. AEM CAI with air scoop right in front of intake (jet stream). Also truck seems a little shaky at low rpm under load. Could be fuel wheels, trans, misfire (coil, injector), throttle tuning, 93 octane tune and maybe my gas is not true 93. Any day ideas are appreciated

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Just a thought..email Diablo back and explain to them. You can email them your tune and see what went wrong or if it just the fact you expected better gains and didn't get much more

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
New term getting thrown around that seems to have differing definitions depending on where you are or who you're talking to lol; "Full Bolt Ons"
Hey. Sorry. I know what it means but posters say Full Bolt-Ons and only have a few modifications. I wanted him to explain it in detail. My bad.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey. Sorry. I know what it means but posters say Full Bolt-Ons and only have a few modifications. I wanted him to explain it in detail. My bad.
Ahhh. Welcome back lol.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah man. I took a break from all online media and spent more time teaching and in the shop
Nice to unplug, I do it when I go out on the boat lol. Did you still want that harness?