Helwig front sway bar on 4x4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know they don't but can the one for the 2wd be put into the 4wd model? I'm guessing not as it would be marketed for it
Why would you want to spend $ on something that the company that makes it is telling you it’s a waste of said $ and won’t do anything for you?

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TigreST. Your bar is "upside down" or mine is. My bar at the bend goes down and yours is going up. Does it matter which way it is put on?
sFAk7ke.jpg
Shhhhhhh. It doesn’t know it’s upside down and I can’t bring myself to tell him.

T

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bringing one back from the dead as they say. Well I've been running that Helwig rear sway bar and its worked fine for the last year and more. I scared my brother while corning out of Detroit a year ago while making corners on our exit from a Tiger ball game. He thought sure as hell we were gonna end up with the RAM on its roof. Happy to say that did not happen as the truck corned pretty dam good IMHO. I've got the bar set to the stiffest position (links closest hole to the axle). But...(there's always a but) I did notice something else over time. Over small imperfections in the road surface, like entering a driveway with a slight bump/curb joint type stuff when the suspension is not evenly loaded, I could hear a "thunk" or "clunk" type noise from the rear. During straight running down the road nothing, no noise. , Only when the sway bar might be just coming into load would I hear the noise. Well last week I figured it out. Those beefy Helwig end links that connect the sway bar to the chassis are gone. I replaced them with the OEM factory links...the ones with the heim-jointed type lower ends and the noise has stopped. Although the Helwg links are bushed with a flexible bushing material, I don't think it has enough flex to take the required lateral movement needed to allow the arm to track the rear end, which in the end produces this "thunk" noice as the bar twists. So..out with the aftermarket and back to OEM. Just thought I pass that along.