Hemi going away?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yep on the credits. Not sure Tesla would be in the black without all those credits they get paid each year. Just another form of income, or profit, redistribution. I could say more but wont dive into politics.

Adjutant

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Laramie
Engine
Lots of information out there on this. Please feel free to search the interwebs. Starting with the 2025 model year (which can be ordered now) the Hemi will no longer be an engine choice in Ram 1500's. Yes, replaced by the Hurricane and Hurricane HO engines.

I hate that the Hemi is going away. Also, Id NEVER want to be the first time user for a new turbo engine. That being said, Ill be looking for a 2028 Hurricane HO when its time. I think its going to be a monster!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate that the Hemi is going away. Also, Id NEVER want to be the first time user for a new turbo engine. That being said, Ill be looking for a 2028 Hurricane HO when its time. I think its going to be a monster!
Gonna run my 19 till the wheels fall off and Gorilla Glue them back on.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I don't have too much heartburn with the Hurricane in the 1500 Rams. I do have in the Heavy Duty, should it come to that.

Neither do I have any love for the Gen III Hemi - it was a marketing engine only. There was no purpose for the cross flow head in the 2000's except in a race car. It only added complication and cause improper oiling to the lifters and camshaft.

And they refuse to make a modern V8, unlike Ford and GM. Because - owned by Europeans. Stellantis seems directionless and flailing for North American markets. I lived that dream as my workplace went down the drain (taken over by Europeans).