Hertz HSK 165 XL front stage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I decided on these speakers for the front stage and the shop doing the install recommended the Hertz HDP 4 amplifier and run the components active I think he said, 4 channels to the one set. Also being installed is the Pioneer 8000 NEX, 2 SWR-12D2/4 in a Net Audio Tall box, one Alpine PDX-M12 for both subs, Mechman 240a alternator with the big three upgrade.

Need some advice on what you think about the subs and if I should get a second M12 or if that would be overkill?

Also what you guys think about the rear doors?

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
That sub is fairly efficient so you may be happy with the output, maybe not...prob a decision you'll have to make after everything is installed and tuned.
I do not run rear fill in my truck

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's what I was thinking to, just wanted to make sure I wasn't putting to much stress on the one amp. How long you think the stock battery will last?

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 6.7 "The real deal"
Paul makes great boxes, you will like that netaudio box. He's just too damn far behind with a 6-8 week wait time. As for the subs, it depends if you're a bass head. I'm running one 12" sub which is plenty for the crewcab and almost too much. As for the rear doors, I have mine running off the OEM Alpine setup. Works fine.

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah I travel quite a bit so I have had his empty box sitting under my back seat since last June and finally back long enough to have it filled so I am pretty excited to hear it, should be done this Thursday!!

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
I talked with him the other day and he's working on an updated design with more air space.

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hmm I wonder how much more he can squeeze in there

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sounds like a great set-up!

Thanks, this is also my first audio set up so a little nervous of the outcome but I am sure it's going to be amazing and if not then I'll be having a fire sale in the classifieds and moving on to the next piece lol.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
That's what I was thinking to, just wanted to make sure I wasn't putting to much stress on the one amp. How long you think the stock battery will last?

You should have zero problems with your battery as long as you don't run your system with the truck OFF for too long

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do some research on that amp, I believe there are some out there that are identical to it (I mean down to the imprint on the circut bored identical) that are half the price. You are going to have one hellva system man and is that net audio box ported or sealed?

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
NVX Audio, PPI Phantom, Polk Audio and Sounstream use the same if not very darn similar boards.

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
They should have the amps already installed but thanks for the tip, if I expand down the road I'll keep those brands in mind.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, this is also my first audio set up so a little nervous of the outcome but I am sure it's going to be amazing and if not then I'll be having a fire sale in the classifieds and moving on to the next piece lol.

OMG, I just went through my first one a month ago and now I am on my second one (don't ask why, lol). Watch the classifieds for my fire sale! :roflsquared:

Your equipment sounds awesome, have fun!!!

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That is too funny, the guys at the shop told this **** is addicting but I didn't think it could be any worse than the performance spell I went through, guess I was wrong!

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
It gets addicting. But it's a lot of fun too. I personally think the Dodge Ram is the best platform out of all the full size trucks for aftermarket audio equipment.
Have fun man!

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do some research on that amp, I believe there are some out there that are identical to it (I mean down to the imprint on the circut bored identical) that are half the price. You are going to have one hellva system man and is that net audio box ported or sealed?

Forgot to mention the box is sealed

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool, that should sound pretty clean as I understand it the newer alpine stuff isn't as boomy as the older models.