High pitched ring/squeal from engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSO1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Evening People,
2019 Ram Laramie
12,500 miles

So for the last few months, I’ve had this weird ring or high pitched squeal coming from somewhere in the engine? It comes on and off, but pretty consistent. I’ve taken it in for service at one dealer and they “claimed” they couldn’t hear it. It’s currently at another dealer and they’ve said they can’t pin point it, so I’ll have to bring it back. I asked a few co-workers the other day if they could here it and they did, so I’m not losing my mind. Anyway, if anyone knows what it might be or had a similar noise, would love to hear from you. I thought it was a belt, but guess not.
Thanks so much!

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Main bearing? If it's a ring its possible something isn't getting lubed. At least that's what she said [emoji23]. Sorry back on topic I would think possibly a bearing of some sort for your sake I hope not but doesn't sound good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DSO1977

DSO1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you sir! I hope it’s not a main bearing, but who knows? I’ll try to make a video and pick up the noise. I have a feeling it’s going to be several more visits to the dealer ‍♂️

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thank you sir! I hope it’s not a main bearing, but who knows? I’ll try to make a video and pick up the noise. I have a feeling it’s going to be several more visits to the dealer ‍♂️

Hello DSO1977,
We are very sorry to hear about your ongoing concern. If you would like additional assistance throughout this process please reach out to us privately.
Laura
RamCares

OP
OP
DSO1977

DSO1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s the “whistle” that’s driving me crazy! Two different dealerships have told me they can’t hear it? Please tell me I’m not losing my mind

View attachment 187323

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Does it occur warm and cold, change with engine rpms?

Start around the serpentine belt, might have a bad accessory/pulley from the factory. Since it's under warranty just spray a "little" WD-40 around the loop while it's running.

FWIW, what oil/filter do you run on that diesel?

OP
OP
DSO1977

DSO1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just got a call from the dealer to replace the rear brakes that were also squealing super loud, guess there’s a TSB for the brakes. I’m going to have them check the engine whistle next week again and if that doesn’t work I’ll try some WD40......It’s a very rare HEMI Diesel, only made a few of them