Hitch mount drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hello all,

I was wondering this never came up, but I could not find anything related to it:

I need a hitch ball mount for my 2019 1500 and I was wondering what drop to get for your average light trailer. I don't plan to get a trailer myself, but want to rent some landscaping equipment occasionally, and those usually come on a low trailer.

So are we talking about a 2" drop or does it need to be more? I suppose a Class III mount is totally sufficient for that, right?

Thanks!

Edit: I just read that normally the trailer coupler height is around 17 inches from the ground. I think the RAM receiver is about 21 inches from the ground, so that would work out to a 4 inch drop?

Last edited:

michael byers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
20PM74_AS01?$mdmain$.jpg
Hello, if this is a concern, why not just look at the adjustable options out there. There are several options ranging from light duty like the one pictured all the way up to some heavy duty ones. Hope this helps.