Home made big 3 kit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is probably nothing to most folks but first time for me so I'm proud...

I used Rockville's 0 gauge wire (cca 30% copper), Temco copper 3/8 plugs, 3M 3/4 shrink tube which has some sort of glue in it.

Measurements include lugs and PLENTY of slack..

Battery (-) to ground: 2'
Battery (+) to alternator 3' 3"
Body to alternator bracket 6' 4"

KIMG0326.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And finished installing it! I did zip tie everything down after the pic but it's drizzling so I decided not to get more pics... Not pretty but it should work!

KIMG0328.JPG

KIMG0329.JPG

KIMG0330.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wanted to add that I kept the existing ground and power wires on top of the big three... Only because if for some reason I had to get rid of the vehicle then the oem wires would still be there

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mods, please relocate this to the DIY section

Toeknee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice, been wanting to do this to my truck. What year is ur truck?????

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
And finished installing it! I did zip tie everything down after the pic but it's drizzling so I decided not to get more pics... Not pretty but it should work!

View attachment 143102

View attachment 143103

View attachment 143104

I don't think you should bypass the fuses Ramitiner. The way you're hooked to the positive post on the battery,bypasses the fused link in the battery connection. I hooked my positive feeds to the fused side of the battery post. I also ran another feed from the positive side of the battery to the fuse box.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think you should bypass the fuses Ramitiner. The way you're hooked to the positive post on the battery,bypasses the fused link in the battery connection. I hooked my positive feeds to the fused side of the battery post. I also ran another feed from the positive side of the battery to the fuse box.

Post a pic of how you did it bro. I can always change it if there's a better way.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Post a pic of how you did it bro. I can always change it if there's a better way.

I don't do pics on here,to f'ing hard ,lol. Mine is all covered in split loom and wrapped with black tape,so it looks like it's factory installed,so it's hard to see much on my set-up,plus my battery is relocated to the back passenger corner of the box. Pick a facebook page like Nadodge /Tuned Rams etc.,and i'll post a pic for you,but i'm not interested in trying to post pics on here.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really just need to see the connection to the battery you did

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One more question... Aren't those fuses to protect accessories not the battery?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
One more question... Aren't those fuses to protect accessories not the battery?

They are,but if you're gonna run a hot feed to the fuse box,i'd run off the fused battery connection,just to be safe.The fused battery connections didn't show up till the 2013's,before that they used a normal battery post coupler,so you're probably safe with the alternator to battery connection.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are,but if you're gonna run a hot feed to the fuse box,i'd run off the fused battery connection,just to be safe.The fused battery connections didn't show up till the 2013's,before that they used a normal battery post coupler,so you're probably safe with the alternator to battery connection.

Ah, ok. Wasn't planning one to the fuse box. Thanks for the heads up

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ah, ok. Wasn't planning one to the fuse box. Thanks for the heads up

I never really noticed a big power or milege increase on either truck I've done,but my buddy figured he gained almost 2 mpg towing his 7,00lb TT when he did this upgrade on his 2012 a few years ago. The one thing I did notice on both trucks though was the output from the heater or A/C,and I kind of attributed the heater increase to running an extra feed to the fuse box. It's an easy run,from the battery to the main fuse box feed.

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So on an ‘09 this shouldn’t be an issue correct? Do it just like the OP did? Thanks!

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this is probably nothing to most folks but first time for me so I'm proud...

I used Rockville's 0 gauge wire (cca 30% copper), Temco copper 3/8 plugs, 3M 3/4 shrink tube which has some sort of glue in it.

Measurements include lugs and PLENTY of slack..

Battery (-) to ground: 2'
Battery (+) to alternator 3' 3"
Body to alternator bracket 6' 4"

View attachment 143096
Where did you source your wire and hardware?

Thanks hombré

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you get a better shot of the alternator, and where you attached to the block for that ground