Home-Made Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've heard of people goin to Home Depot and buying the chicken wire and makin their own mesh grille... has anyone here done that before? It's pretty much the same thing as buying one, lol....

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm doing that this weekend. My weekend mod. Lol

But I'm putting it behind my current grille

Sent from my droid killing iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Back when I had my '02 Silverado, I spent a lot of time on a Chevy truck forum and a lot of those guys used gutter guard from Home Depot to make their grille inserts. The ones that took their time turned out awesome. I've been thinking about making some for my Camaro, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can make a grill look decent with the right amount of effort.
Most of the ones I see look like they cost $20.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thats so funny you said that i actually bought the wire a roll of 4'' duct and a scoop in going to make a cai from the bottom of my truck into my k&n

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Thats so funny you said that i actually bought the wire a roll of 4'' duct and a scoop in going to make a cai from the bottom of my truck into my k&n

Really? are you gonna seal your k&n instead of just the heat shield walls? Ive been thinking about doing that with mine, so that I wouldnt have to buy a volant which comes sealed with a port for a funnel.

To the op, Iv seen thread for it on other forums, some come out nice, others not..lol I think if you take your time and get a good finish on it, maybe powdercoat? It would look good. Iv thought about giving my attempt with the wire mesh and making a grille like the ones rubber frog made but Im not sure yet.

Hammer_Z71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you referring to "Gutta Mesh"?

Not my truck but:
CIMG2061.jpg

I did a mini version when I cut my hood and the front out of my scoop to make it functional:
0226001724a.jpg

I played around with a punch press & a sheet of stainless steel a couple of years ago, it's still hanging up in the barn, I will probably get around to making it into a grill some day:
0127001208.jpg

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Really? are you gonna seal your k&n instead of just the heat shield walls? Ive been thinking about doing that with mine, so that I wouldnt have to buy a volant which comes sealed with a port for a funnel.

To the op, Iv seen thread for it on other forums, some come out nice, others not..lol I think if you take your time and get a good finish on it, maybe powdercoat? It would look good. Iv thought about giving my attempt with the wire mesh and making a grille like the ones rubber frog made but Im not sure yet.

Nope going to have to force feed air in from the bottom the hood seals the top so should get at least 80% more air

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
sweet deal, I am still in between what I'm gonna do

Tapatalk Addict

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I did the gutter grill on mine
000_0112.jpg

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah! The gutter grille! That's what I was talkin about, so how do you attach it to the inside of the grille?

[tapatalkin]

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I used zip ties.

Michael0088

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
4.7l
i dont know if this is something u were thinking of doing? i found a lil while ago and i plan on doing the same thing. if you have the resources will work out great :). Guys name is ROK-TEK. if not i beileve u can go to his site and buy the grille for around $500. just some ideas