Hood Release Cable Routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WEETIJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Could one of you fine lads help a guy out? Where does the hood latch cable penetrate the firewall? When replacing the cable I pulled it through the firewall without looking, and now I’m baffled I can’t find it.. DOH!

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Look next to the steering column, there’s an access point to the left of said column.

OP
OP
W

WEETIJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for the input! Sykramman, your photo shows two black cables. One appears to go off to the left while the one goes into the firewall grommet. Ive attached a pic of mine, and it has the same cable going through the grommet (and its not my hood release cable..) . It appears to be a cruise control cable or something else that comes out of the steering column. Would you peak your head down there and confirm?

I do know my cable was routed into the drivers side fender all the way up near the firewall.

Thanks again guys!

View media item 25896

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Thanks for the input! Sykramman, your photo shows two black cables. One appears to go off to the left while the one goes into the firewall grommet. Ive attached a pic of mine, and it has the same cable going through the grommet (and its not my hood release cable..) . It appears to be a cruise control cable or something else that comes out of the steering column. Would you peak your head down there and confirm?

I do know my cable was routed into the drivers side fender all the way up near the firewall.

Thanks again guys!

View media item 25896

Yes, you are correct, I’m sorry. The black wire on the left, you can see in pic now, that’s the hood cable, it goes behind that wiring block into a grommet, through the fire wall.image.jpg

OP
OP
W

WEETIJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sure did, installing it now! thanks for following up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads