How can this be posible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnun 5.9
As you guys may know, i am trying to get my 96 ram to stock specifications, so when i found out there was not buzzer alarm for lights on or keys on ignition i went to eBay and finally got one. part number SF8956001077, once it arrived i put it in the fuse box but nothing happened, i even felt the piece didn't fit tight, it was kind of loose, so i went to check the back side of the fuse box to check if the clamps needed to be tighten but there was nothing back there... no wires, no clamps, nothing! is it posible my truck came out without the buzzer option?
is there a way to get it work?

Attachments

• IMG_4932.jpg
    IMG_4932.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 67
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 64

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
With a forign vehicle it is very possible. American auto companies sell vehicles overseas the can not be bought in the states due to different regulations.

Slowhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your problem may be linked to the Control Timer Module (CTM).. Most of your truck's accessory electronics are integrated through the CTM. Research the CTM for your year of Truck & make sure all the CTM's connections are plugged in.. good luck on your project.

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnun 5.9
Well, let me tell you folks that this story had a happy ending.
while in my search for the lights on - keys on buzzer, i first bought one from a guy on e bay that told me it was the right part, but when i receive it turns out it didnt fit the slots on the fuse box. Then i found out here in the forum that tHe right part was sf8956001077 and started a search for it, when i finally got it i found out that the fuse box wasn't "prepared" for the chime box. Then some one here told me to search for the TCM, and when i was trying to find it ( it doesn´t have one ) i found a little connector under the dash and realize that it had the same slots for the 1st chime box i bought, so i connected it and voila!!! now i have a chime for the lights and keys. its actually a decent ding ding sound, not the annoying buzzer on other models.
so, i came to a conclusion:
the part that goes in the fuse box " if so equipped" is the annoying buzzer
the part that goes under the dash "if so equipped" is the ding ding version
here are photos of each one, regards and thanks for all the help!

2012-04-22_103434_jeep_grand_cherokee_-_buzzer.jpg

IMGP3632.jpg

Camper Nut

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 B3500 Van
Engine
5.9L Gas v-8
As you guys may know, i am trying to get my 96 ram to stock specifications, so when i found out there was not buzzer alarm for lights on or keys on ignition i went to eBay and finally got one. part number SF8956001077, once it arrived i put it in the fuse box but nothing happened, i even felt the piece didn't fit tight, it was kind of loose, so i went to check the back side of the fuse box to check if the clamps needed to be tighten but there was nothing back there... no wires, no clamps, nothing! is it posible my truck came out without the buzzer option?
is there a way to get it work?

Camper Nut

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 B3500 Van
Engine
5.9L Gas v-8
I am looking for the same part without success (sf8956001077) there is a picture of it (the black box in the photo) but then it goes on to show the buzzers... I fail to understand the connection or the function of the black box ???

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, let me tell you folks that this story had a happy ending.
while in my search for the lights on - keys on buzzer, i first bought one from a guy on e bay that told me it was the right part, but when i receive it turns out it didnt fit the slots on the fuse box. Then i found out here in the forum that tHe right part was sf8956001077 and started a search for it, when i finally got it i found out that the fuse box wasn't "prepared" for the chime box. Then some one here told me to search for the TCM, and when i was trying to find it ( it doesn´t have one ) i found a little connector under the dash and realize that it had the same slots for the 1st chime box i bought, so i connected it and voila!!! now i have a chime for the lights and keys. its actually a decent ding ding sound, not the annoying buzzer on other models.
so, i came to a conclusion:
the part that goes in the fuse box " if so equipped" is the annoying buzzer
the part that goes under the dash "if so equipped" is the ding ding version
here are photos of each one, regards and thanks for all the help!

View attachment 88578

View attachment 88579

Ding Ding Version, now dat is funny chit