How do I kill this XM add!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Every morning I get in my truck and XM radio is on pimping itself. I don't want it. I don't want to hear it.
How in the HELL do I kill this?
It's a 16 express quad with I think the 5.0 radio.
I am debating on a single shot to the head. Execution style.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Dumb question. Do you have your radio set on AM / FM or XM ? I ask because my radio starts from my last station every time I start the truck . That annoys the crap out of me as I rarely listen to the radio and want to turn it on only when I want it ! BUT RAM figures we want it on all the time we start lol. A quick fix is just turn the volum down and you wont hear it,sucks no on /off button lol

OP
OP
JimGregory

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I never leave it on XM because I have no subscription. I either leave it on bluetooth or USB. Pretty sure I always turn the volume down.
These XM ****** constantly send me snail mail and yell at me when I get in the truck. I would like to meet the ******* in charge.
Thank god I never gave an email or phone number.
It's totally insane to not be able to shut this stuff off. I have searched the web for answers and not found any. I am told there is no input I can unplug to make XM go away. Maybe this is wrong?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I never leave it on XM because I have no subscription. I either leave it on bluetooth or USB. Pretty sure I always turn the volume down.
These XM ****** constantly send me snail mail and yell at me when I get in the truck. I would like to meet the ******* in charge.
It's totally insane to not be able to shut this stuff off. I have searched the web for answers and not found any. I am told there is no input I can unplug to make XM go away. Maybe this is wrong?
That is a bummer. I am no techie but am curious myself on why your radio defaults to XM. Please post your find when you get it ! Also PM RAMCARES here on site with your issue and Vin. # they may be able to help ! Sorry I am of no help

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
If you shut the truck off with USB or Bluetooth connected it will not start back on either. It will default to the radio and in your case SXM. Try to tune in an FM station then connect to USB or BT to see where the radio starts the next time.
My Kenwood BT capable radio would pick up the connection immediately but these RA-2 seem to be a bit slow to reconnect.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
If you shut the truck off with USB or Bluetooth connected it will not start back on either. It will default to the radio and in your case SXM. Try to tune in an FM station then connect to USB or BT to see where the radio starts the next time.
My Kenwood BT capable radio would pick up the connection immediately but these RA-2 seem to be a bit slow to reconnect.

I've lost track whether I have had four or five 1500s, but they all would start right back up where the music left off on USB. I keep a thumb drive plugged in all the time. I wish I could offer a solution to the XM issue, but I haven't ever found one.

OP
OP
JimGregory

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a thumb drive always connected as well. When my XM trial subscription expired a few months ago, my truck defaulted to the thumb drive. Now as of a week or two ago, XM is pushing all the ad's for XM. Every morning.
I will bet you 50 cents if I find the XM antenna plug in the back of the radio and unplug it, I will be pestered with error messages.
If I could just turn the ****** thing off it would not be so bad. But no..

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Buy an Alaskan truck... XM is a dealer delete.. no XM in Alaska.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Also, not an expert, but if the dealer was unwilling to do an XM delete, would you be able to do it with alphaOBD or similar?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you leave it on media as in aux (phone/ipod), it defaults to XM at start-up.
If you shift to am/fm, hard Drieve ( or CD I believe) before shutting down it restarts on those settings.

Its annoying as hell, I'll be listening to Pandora on my phone or my I-pod and make a stop to run an errand. When I restart I have to wait a lifetime for it to recognize my phone or I-pod again.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
If you don't have NAV you could disconnect the antenna. There is probably an easily accessible location at one of the A pillars or kick panels. My 3500 has it at the PASS kick panel. Should try Casper's suggestion first though. That is how mine worked with the 5.0.

OP
OP
JimGregory

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you don't have NAV you could disconnect the antenna. There is probably an easily accessible location at one of the A pillars or kick panels. My 3500 has it at the PASS kick panel. Should try Casper's suggestion first though. That is how mine worked with the 5.0.

Tell me about this kick panel connection. Dont know why your 15 3500 should be any different then my 16 1500 in this respect.
Hou have the puck center rear of the roof?

EDIT: Oh look what I found once you taught me what to look for!
https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/bbg/pdf/2016/docs/cc/dddpsrca.pdf
Should be simple enough to disconnect the antenna.
Don't know if it will be the end of it but I will try soon as I get a chance. Maybe tomorrow.
My puck is rear drivers side. Seems odd to go across to passenger side kick but whatever.

Last edited:

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Mine has never defaulted to XM. Always whatever I last listened to. 2016 uConnect 3.0.

2016 1500 Outdoorsman 4X4 5.7L

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tell me about this kick panel connection. Dont know why your 15 3500 should be any different then my 16 1500 in this respect.
Hou have the puck center rear of the roof?

EDIT: Oh look what I found once you taught me what to look for!
https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/bbg/pdf/2016/docs/cc/dddpsrca.pdf
Should be simple enough to disconnect the antenna.
Don't know if it will be the end of it but I will try soon as I get a chance. Maybe tomorrow.
My puck is rear drivers side. Seems odd to go across to passenger side kick but whatever.

Let us know if you get a chance to test this out. I have the same issue as you. It is so damn irritating when it plays that loud static sounding commercial.

If I get some free time this weekend I will try and find it too. Is there an antenna connection near the RF hub too?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1) Mine will default to last channel
2) MY 19 has on/off capability YEA, MY ED 15 did not

OP
OP
JimGregory

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OK didnt let any moss grow under my ass on this one. Walked out of work. I had remote started the truck. Those trespassing fackers were blasting away their "buy me buy me" **** on XM. I popped the kick panel off, disconnected the wire and BLESSED SILENCE! No signal..
Everything else works fine far as I know. I left it on USB at low volume. We will see what the morning brings.
My THEORY is that the XM fackers can tell my radio what to do. Now they can't.
I dont let solicitors in my door at work. I don't let them on my property at home. I sure don't want the ****** yelling at me in my own truck every day.
Seems like I can make the source XM and it like shutting the radio off now. We will see how that goes.
Thanks Clifford!

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK didnt let any moss grow under my ass on this one. Walked out of work. I had remote started the truck. Those trespassing fackers were blasting away their "buy me buy me" **** on XM. I popped the kick panel off, disconnected the wire and BLESSED SILENCE! No signal..
Everything else works fine far as I know. I left it on USB at low volume. We will see what the morning brings.
My THEORY is that the XM fackers can tell my radio what to do. Now they can't.
I dont let solicitors in my door at work. I don't let them on my property at home. I sure don't want the ****** yelling at me in my own truck every day.
Seems like I can make the source XM and it like shutting the radio off now. We will see how that goes.
Thanks Clifford!

I I'll trade ya my RA1 no XM antenna plug at all ... for your XM capable radio. I drive all day and want it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JimGregory

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I I'll trade ya my RA1 no XM antenna plug at all ... for your XM capable radio. I drive all day and want it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No thanks but I believe you could add an XM module if you ask the right people the right questions.
I may actually use it again one day if my commuting circumstances change.