How do you know if you gave a oil and transmission cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I been reading and learning so much on this forum I have a 2018 5.7 4x4 with a 3:21 rear larime of I been towing a lot with my truck and I just checked all the build paperwork and it doesn’t say I have coolers oil and or transmission. It did come with VI hitch and wit 7 pin wiring I had the dealer install the brake module.

But to day reading a forum it hit me DO I HAVE A TRANSMISSION COOLER??

So I ask for your wisdom. And help.

Last edited:

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
99% sure since you have the hitch & wiring harness that you have a cooler. One way to check is look under the vehicle & trace any fluid lines coming out of the tranny & see if they run into the radiator or it's own cooler behind the grill.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think all trucks have a small transmission cooler integrated with the radiator, towing configurations often have an auxiliary cooler in front of the radiator. In any case, check here: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing and look for heavy duty engine cooling, engine oil cooler, auxiliary transmission cooler or similar under optional equipment.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my 16 the trans cooler is above/the top part of the AC condensor in front of the radiator.
Almost positive that is where I followed the line too.

OP
OP
Toddbigboytruck

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think all trucks have a small transmission cooler integrated with the radiator, towing configurations often have an auxiliary cooler in front of the radiator. In any case, check here: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing and look for heavy duty engine cooling, engine oil cooler, auxiliary transmission cooler or similar under optional equipment.
Thank you for your the link. Through that link I was able to determine I do have the coolers looks like we have been probably informed. It is a relief. We are planning our Christmas 2020 to return to Florida and the keys hauling our hybrid tt

Thank you again

D51BC5D0-401A-4EBD-989A-8D319B1B7891.jpeg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
On my 16 the trans cooler is above/the top part of the AC condensor in front of the radiator.
^^^ this
With the 8spd transmissions(all years), the top part of what is also the AC condenser, is the transmission cooler.

gears49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With or without the factory tow option, the coolers are the same. The only thing the tow option gives you is the factory brake controller and extendable mirrors.