how many tie rods have you gone through?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just wanted to see how many tie rods you guys have gone through... i know the recall was for 09 - 10 i believe just curious to see how common it is ...
When i bought my truck used with 70k km it had the recall already done and to this day ive replaced the driverside once an passenger side twice and now the driverside has gone out again... each time Ive replaced them I used moog tie rods but still am having the issue. Kind of a pain in the ass to be honest and my truck is only leveled with bilsteins. I dont do any severe offroading either

OP
OP
chris52010trx4

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
285/70/17 which is almost a 33 and yes aftermarket wheels as well

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
285/70/17 which is almost a 33 and yes aftermarket wheels as well

So your tire size is about the same as stock. A bigger/heavier tire/wheel combo will stress the tie-rods more.

Tire wear looking good; no cupping or uneven wear? Nothing to indicate bad alignment? Other things to look at are tire balance and worn shocks.

OP
OP
chris52010trx4

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
tires are good no un even wear or cupping... shocks were just put in last august and are still good and also they were recently rebalanced and alignment is good... the tie rod isnt clunking yet like previous but doesnt hold grease and can feel abit of looseness compared to when they were done.other than the tie rods the trucks been pretty good no real issues that would relate

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like plain old bad luck....giving your middle finger to the Karma police one too many times :) You might try a different brand of tie rod.