How to access the windshield washer reservoir for cleaning the screen on 2019 2500 6.4L New Body Style?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goatmann

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP,
when you used compressed air to blow out the washer lines, depending on the pressure used you could have separated the small coupled fitting that attaches the washer line to the washer nozzle under the hood insulation .

you will need to remove the clips holding the insulation pad and reconnect the fitting.

you may break a few of the mushroom clips so you’ll need to purchase several , and the are not cheap.

hope this helps

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I've used Rain X all season ( see below photo ) for over 20 years in many different years of Dodge/Ram & other vehicles, I have never had a problem from using it....

Attachments

• Rain X ALL SEASON.jpeg
    Rain X ALL SEASON.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used RainX several years back even when the jug didn't have a level sensor and it left a film of this gilactmus gunk in the filler bottle and even took out the pump, I will never use it again.

OP
OP
TXTornados

TXTornados

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a fix, it is for the 2019 Ram 2500 Hemi with the new body style (the word "RAM" on grill). I have seen replies saying to take the driver side wheel well off or partially off to access the bottom of the Windshield Washer tank. But they were for the old body style (the RAM logo on grill) or maybe an older model. This is what I did without taking off the driver side wheel well.

Wait for the engine to cool, I didn't so it was hot. Open the hood, from the driver side corner, reach down to near the bottom of the windshield washer tank until you feel the Windshield Washer Pump. Once you have the Windshield Washer Pump in your hand, tilt the Pump towards the PASSENGER side until you feel it slide out of the slot, then pull up. It should easily slide up and out of the way. The Windshield Washer Pump has a long male end that was inserted into the female end of the Windshield Washer Grommet.

Now you will see the Windshield Washer Grommet (which contains a screen) from where you slide the Windshield Washer Pump out of. The Grommet is removed by using your fingernail to wedge your nail under the Grommet and wiggle it up so you can remove. (NOTE: When you remove the Grommet, all the fluid will escape and flow onto the ground, so have a bucket placed under the Windshield Washer tank.) Once you remove the Grommet, you can clean the slime/gunk off of the screen at the bottom of the Grommet. You may need a brush to completely remove the slime/gunk like I had. Once you cleaned it, insert the Grommet back into the slot and push down until it is seated. Reinsert the Windshield Washer Pump by inserting the male end into the female end of the Grommet, pushing down and tilting the Pump towards the front driver side corner of the truck until you feel it click.

Fill up the tank with water and test. It should work. Worked for me.

Now why is there no Chilton manuals to tell us how to do this?

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
^^^^^^^
More importantly, why haven't you made a video of it, and posted it here, AND on You Tube?

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Guys,

Am having the same issue now. When you say rubbing alcohol (or) hotwater, u mean fill the reservoir and leave it a bit so the slime can dissolve and then use the wipers to get rid of the alcohol and water? Is that right?

TXTornados

Did you get it fixed? if so how did you do it?

Thanks,
S