How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by Jimmy07, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Lawsuit11

Lawsuit11 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 1500
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thank you sir. Yeah that’s the same thing I was thinking. But I love the antenna mounting spot better than down on the bottom of the door.

—2018 Ram 1500—

Ghost_RAM likes this.
  2. 78Staff

78Staff US Navy Veteran Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    So was re-reading the thread to prepare for my install - quick question, the OP mentions installing the front proximity antenna up under the dash forward of the center console, but then on page 3 there is a post with a AllData diagram where it appears they are saying to install under the center console mid way back, where the other components are mounted to the floorpan. Does it matter, ie is the OP way just a simpler spot so you don't have to remove the center console?

Also, have a bit of a gotcha I didn't expect, the rear drivers side seat bolts are blocked by my stereo amps now :(, so will looks like all that will have to come out as well, unless the RF Hub and wiring can be accessed by removing the passenger/60 side of the back seat only maybe?

3. appzattak

appzattak Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I put my front antenna behind the driver side kick panel under the steering wheel, up towards tje radio though...works fine there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

78Staff likes this.
  4. Jimmy07

Jimmy07 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    I was purposely vague in the OP to leave it up to the individual to choose a spot they saw fit. It would have added to the length of the “how to” posts just explaining the the exact factory location and getting to it. I figured it would evolve into mounting it in the exact location as the thread progressed, which it did, like you found on page 3.

78Staff likes this.
  5. 78Staff

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Sounds good, just didn't want to pull the console unless I had to lol. I'm more bummed about the amps/rear seat bolt issue - didn't plan that one through very well I guess when dealing with the installer.

6. STecoD

STecoD Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
    Engine:
    3.0L Diesel
    If you pull the tub of your center console out then you can fish the antenna wire into there and mount it on the inside of the center console. I mounted mine on the back right side and my moms in the front near the other wires. Dealers choice. Wanted it in a place I could program my fobs easily without range issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram and 78Staff like this.
  7. 78Staff

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Making progress... I'm old and fat and it's freaking hot as you know what so I am progressing slowly. Actually the seats/amps weren't as much of an issue as I thought, probably helpful that they have been out once already and have spacers so less threadss to back out. Just going to have to be super careful putting them back. Taking a break to read the thread instructions again and cool off :).

[​IMG]

New RF Hub in and prepping for rear antenna...

[​IMG]

Ghost_RAM likes this.
  8. 78Staff

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Just have to figure out how to route the front inside antenna wire - are folks going under the carpet strait into the center console, or going up the door sill and coming across under the seat?

Edit Dang just realized since I'm not doing doors right now I'm almost done lol just gotta get wiring in.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  9. chrisbh17

chrisbh17 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I have the jump seat (not console) so in my case I went straight up the center of the truck, loosened the bolts holding the front passenger and jump seat, lifted up the whole unit a little bit and managed to fish the antenna wire through a slit in the carpet right by where the occupant module is.

IIRC the OEM mounting spot for the front in-vehicle antenna uses some of the same bolt(s) as the occupancy module.

10. Lawsuit11

Lawsuit11 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 1500
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Lol I pre ran all my door wires and everything at the same time. I ran the front antenna along with the door wires on the door sill. My RF hub will be here Tuesday so by the end of next week I should have everything done except the door handles. I’m actually mounting the door antennas and all when I do the in cab that way I don’t have to screw with anything wire wise except just running the wire in the actual door and to the handle

—2018 Ram 1500—