How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Of course immediately after I posted that it started to work. I hit the battery icon and was reading threw the system ID then went back to the car icon and it was flashing threw a few different notifications but too fast to read them and now it says it’s learning vin and vehicle configuration. Been there for about 5 minutes now... hopefully that’s normal

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
No it says “Started. Pleased wait...” it’s been the same for about 25-30 minutes

e2d0c20878435bd565a8fa935b4d1849.jpg

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
So I hit stop, disconnected from the hub closed out of everything went back in and started over and it went just like the OP instructions. Not sure why it acted funny initially but it’s going now. Only issue is no remote start...

I had also changed “vehicle configuration 5 wait to start” since mine is an eco diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you install a hood latch or ground pin 11 in order for remote start to work? It’s not just a setting change if you didn’t have it before.

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have factory remote start. When I hit the button on the fob you can hear that the truck got the signal. It makes a sound which I believe is the glow plugs warming but it never starts.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish I could help but I’m not familiar with the diesel process. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I have factory remote start. When I hit the button on the fob you can hear that the truck got the signal. It makes a sound which I believe is the glow plugs warming but it never starts.

You may need to drive the truck a bit before the remote start works with the new RFH

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I turned off “vehicle configuration 5 wait to start” and the remote start works now... so I’m not really sure what to do if that setting is needed but doesn’t work with remote start

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you sure turning it on disables the remote start? As Clifford states, it may have just needed some time to kick in and could have been a coincidence that it started working after you changed that setting. I would change it back and try again if you haven’t already.

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I’ll give that a shot. I drove around quite a bit then tried remote start with it on when it didn’t work. After I turned it off I waited maybe 5 minutes and remote start worked. I’ll play with it both ways to make sure it’s not a coincidence

Update:
After driving around for a while now and what should have been plenty of time, it still won’t start with remote start when I have the wait to start on, you can hear the grid heater on but never starts, once I turn wait to start off, the remote start works.

Edit:

I did the remote start antenna test while connected to the rf hub and it failed which is even more confusing since remote start works with wait to start off but does not give the grid heater time to warm up

Last edited:

MrDazana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know where the Antenna for the remote start is ? 2016 ram factory installed remote start

thanks

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Anyone know where the Antenna for the remote start is ? 2016 ram factory installed remote start

thanks

If I understand right, depending on your factory options your remote start antenna should be on the rear cab wall next to the rf hub unless it has the antenna built in to the the hub. You should be able to tell by looking up your rf hub pn on Alfa, or you can pull your back seat and see if it’s plugged in to your hub.

MrDazana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With AlphaOBD it shows Hardware number 68245484ac. It also shows Remote start antenna: present.

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
With AlphaOBD it shows Hardware number 68245484ac. It also shows Remote start antenna: present.

It looks like that does have a separate remote start antenna that is mounted underneath the headliner.

Tyler Welch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Anyone know the RF Hub part number for a 2013 2500. I currently have a 2013 2500 Tradesman and I've added an aftermarket remote start that was plug n play and upgraded to a RA3 radio and 6" cluster. I'm now looking to upgrade to push start and proximity entry. I have located all of the parts except the RF Hub. I believe I may need 68207777AB but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know the RF Hub part number for a 2013 2500. I currently have a 2013 2500 Tradesman and I've added an aftermarket remote start that was plug n play and upgraded to a RA3 radio and 6" cluster. I'm now looking to upgrade to push start and proximity entry. I have located all of the parts except the RF Hub. I believe I may need 68207777AB but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance

That looks correct to me. You need one that includes codes GX4 (Keyless Go) and XBM (Remote start).

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks in advance

I would also look into your remote start. I had to have mine (Viper) reprogrammed when I went from key start to push start because they used different firmware.