How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know "used" keyfobs will need to be reset for use on any other vehicle. Most likely pretty costly because only dealers and maybe licensed locksmiths can do it.

RF hub Im not sure there is a sure-fire way to reset it and use it in a different vehicle.
Thanks for the quick response, I will be passing on that sale then. Rather not just throw money out the window.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the quick response, I will be passing on that sale then. Rather not just throw money out the window.

Agreed.

When I did this mod I went into it knowing I would buy a new RF hub and new keyfobs.

The generic keyfobs from Amazon in the original post work well. The RF hub isnt overly expensive. Just wasnt worth the risk to save 20 or 30 bux.

Mike-D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like 68319678AE is on backorder. Tried 2 different dealerships

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like 68319678AE is on backorder. Tried 2 different dealerships

Try searching for just the numeric part...the AE is a suffix denoting a revision of the part. Most likely nothing much changed, so a previous suffix might be OK (AD, AC , etc)

I find its easier to check ebay with just the numerics for places that might actually have it in stock.

Mike-D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for you the info. Both dealers I ordered from show to of had E in stock but once you order them they email back and say they are on BO. I'm guessing they are all just ordering from Dodge. They really have nothing inhouse stock.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for you the info. Both dealers I ordered from show to of had E in stock but once you order them they email back and say they are on BO. I'm guessing they are all just ordering from Dodge. They really have nothing inhouse stock.

Yeah they seem to be using "just in time" inventory as well. Ive joked before there is a bean counter somewhere wondering why the hell RF hubs are selling like hotcakes all of a sudden.

It sucks there is no (at least not easy or cheap) way to re-initialize a used one.

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I think mopar is super backed up in general. I ordered everything (supposedly in stock) over two weeks ago and nothing has shipped yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RarinCard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I cannot find a truck that is the same year and trim as mine that has keyless entry. To be able to order the correct hub. So what should be my next step? It’s a 2016 2500 Tradesman. Also Is it possible to add RS while doing this upgrade? And what extra parts would I need to locate?

Last edited:

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cannot find a truck that is the same year and trim as mine that has keyless entry. To be able to order the correct hub. So what should be my next step? It’s a 2016 2500 Tradesman. Also Is it possible to add RS while doing this upgrade? And what extra parts would I need to locate?

Pretty sure you want 68319680AE for your Hub but I would double check with Benny before you buy. Not sure what you mean by RS.

RarinCard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Remote Start, I’m wanting to do both keyless and remote start at the same time so I don’t have to keep taking apart my truck. Also who is Benny? How can I reach out to him?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remote Start, I’m wanting to do both keyless and remote start at the same time so I don’t have to keep taking apart my truck. Also who is Benny? How can I reach out to him?

That hub works with remote start. That’s the hub I used and I activated remote start as well. Benny works at allmoparparts.com which is a preferred vendor of the forum. If you click on your inbox you can ‘start a conversation’ and just type in allmopartparts.com and he will come up. He can probably get you a discount on your order as well.

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I got all my parts in today, I have the new hub installed as well as both in cab antennas and the ignition switch. When I go to program the new fob it keeps saying test failed.... any ideas? I have the fob from Amazon from the OP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I had to guess, sounds like your antennas aren’t picking up on the fob. I would double check your wiring. Are you using an OBDLink MX+?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, did you you update all the settings before you swapped out your hub and started the install?

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Yes I am using the OBD linx, I did update all my settings first. My EVIC does say push brake and button.

When I was updating my settings only one of them said complete. The rest said that setting was already chosen or in place (however Alfa OBD says it) is it possible I did something wrong there?

It’s too dark and cold now to try anything else tonight. I plugged back in the original hub to be able to lock the doors with the fob for the night.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that doesn’t sound right that some of the settings were already active. Per the original post, these are the settings you need to change, “keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe enable, and passive entry CSM”. I don’t think any of them should be active off the bat. I would just double check that you clicked on the right settings.

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Ok I’ll double check in the morning the only one I got the confirmation on was the passive entry csm... I did go to each one and change it to present, just never got the procedure complete on them

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Turns out I had a wire crossed but I got that fixed and the fob programmed. Now when I did the next step rf hub reset/replace that gives me the procedure failed notification when I use 0000 as the pin...

“The programmed FOBIK is not in the vehicle or the FOBIK in the vehicle is not programmed to the RF-HUB”