How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting ready to start this project. Just a few questions.

Are we still butting the door antenna on the B pillars?

Are we still pulling the wires through the boot for the door handles? Wasn't there a connector kit that we could have pinned to the door harness connector?

I still have success with the antenna in my b-pillar. The only slight issue I see is that if the fob is near my phone, the distance for proximity unlock is greatly reduced. However, someone else who put their antennae in the stock location (mounted to door skin) ALSO has the same issue, so Im thinking the b-pillar is not a bad location. It sure saved work running wires!

As far as the handle wiring, while you can buy the factory jumpers, you still need something to connect them to....the "truck" side so to speak....those wires are not included in trucks that did not come with keyless enter n go from the factory, so you still need to fish them to the door connector. At that point you might as well just continue fishing them to the handle.

I love this mod, every day. But I looked at the original option sheets for our trucks, and it was only a $195 option (!!!). Granted, it was not available on Big Horn trim, but if I were buying a truck where it WAS available, ~$200 is a no-brainer-BUY.

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
sounds like b pillars will be where I’m placing my antennas.
I was wondering if anyone has the pin out for the door connectors.. why cant we cut the wires for the heated mirrors or something and use that instead for the door handles.. That way it would be such a nice install.. I hate fishing wires through those boots..

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Got everything wired up, but when I try to program the new fob. It says invalid pin. I tried the trucks pin and the 0000. It also says security access denied if I put in 0000.
Anyone have any ideas?

Also, when I press the push button nothing happens, just a message saying key fob not detected.. I assume that correct, I thought I could at least get it to acc..

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got everything wired up, but when I try to program the new fob. It says invalid pin. I tried the trucks pin and the 0000. It also says security access denied if I put in 0000.
Anyone have any ideas?

Also, when I press the push button nothing happens, just a message saying key fob not detected.. I assume that correct, I thought I could at least get it to acc..
What year is your truck?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Yeah, been using alpha on the truck to enable stuff before. All worked well. Even before starting the project I enabled all the keyless options like the instructions stated..

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, been using alpha on the truck to enable stuff before. All worked well. Even before starting the project I enabled all the keyless options like the instructions stated..
Make sure the truck is in run if possible. I just did this late last night on my 16. It seemed to give me some issues at first. Took 3 or 4 trys of the pin. If it's handwritten, try a different combo

Also, make sure you have the latest app update.

If you have the RFN log that might help determine the issue .

I think a couple users needed to do the RF Hub reset first, but I did not.

Also, is the hub new or used?

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
It’s a new hub, I can’t get the truck in run position. I had the batteries disconnected while I was running the wires so don’t know if I need to wait a while after I connected them..
I’m using the pc version, I’ll check to see if I need any updates on that..

What’s the rfn log you talk about?

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's under tools, faults and logs. On the Android version. I am not familiar with the windows version.

Essentially it's the information that shows up in "system status" page of the RF Hub

When I swapped mine I did not remove the battery connection, didn't do a full setup, just a test run with the bare min plugged in.

Are you using a cable, or Bluetooth adapter?

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I’m using the Bluetooth adapter.. I think it’s the Mx..

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m using the Bluetooth adapter.. I think it’s the Mx..
I'm honestly using a cheap generic obd2 elm adapter. Haven't had any issues on that end.

Laptop or laptop? Internal, or external Bluetooth? Some of the cheaper adapters on the PC side may have trouble keeping up.

If any settings have been changed, you sometimes need to let the truck sleep for 5+ minutes. I'd recommend unplugging the obd2 as well during that time.

Also, is the key placed on the top of the center console? I had mine placed right on the little cell phone holder. Some don't ship with batteries, I'd verify that as well. Might need to press unlock a couple times beforehand.

And try to ensure that no wireless enabled device is close to the key fob. Phones, computers, microwaves, etc.
There may be interference.

Do you have the hub P/N?
Might want to disconnect non essential items. Bare minium my truck can connect with is just one in-cab antenna, the hub itself, and the key.

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I haven’t had issues with my laptop connecting to the truck using the adaptor.. I just went on alphas website and saw they have an update so gonna download tomorrow and try again..

I have the entire interior out of the truck so the fob is sitting on the floor. Where the console lid would be.. might put it higher. However, my issue is that I cannot get into the hub. It connects to it but it won’t let me access it.

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Still no luck with programming the key.. Can anyone confirm if i need to have the truck in run? I cannot get anything to come on when i press the button. The start button is a used one. Think that could be the issue?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still no luck with programming the key.. Can anyone confirm if i need to have the truck in run? I cannot get anything to come on when i press the button. The start button is a used one. Think that could be the issue?

Where did you buy the fob from?

Used start button should not make a difference, its basically just a dummy box with a push button....the real "data" is coded into the RF hub, keyfob and BCM.

If you bought a used fob, Im not sure you could re-marry it to any other RF hub (at least not without having the dealer or a locksmith "clear" the previous programming from the fob)

If you bought an aftermarket fob, its possible its just not programming...when I made this mod I bought 2 different aftermarket fobs. The cheap one ($25) didnt work at all. The "expensive" ($45) one worked fine. Later I picked up a fresh OEM fob for a good price and that one programmed just fine as well.

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a used start button as well, had no problem.
Bought an eBay "oem" key. Can't say if it is oem or not but it works great.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7DWR7F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the one that was recommended on here. Like 50 bucks. I have the link above. Anyone think it can be something with the rf hub?

Still using the Windows version? Ive only ever used the Android version (not sure if that makes a difference). I cant remember exactly my process but it pretty much echoes what is in the how-to in this thread.

My first (cheapo) fob did not ever finish programming. I gave it 10 minutes and Alfa never came back with success. Second fob went better, but IIRC Alfa still did not show success, but I think the "start" button went from greyed out (while the process was running) back to enabled when the process finished. After that I was able to use the fob as normal.

As far as ignition on or off, you should be able to push the button to at least get into acc, regardless of the fob...it might complain it cant find it, but thats OK. The RF hub should be powered at that point and thats what you need.

Is it possible the PIN you obtained is the RADIO pin and not the RF pin?

As far as programming, it sound like the programming itself should be done with ignition off:

From the service manual:

Programming

NOTE:
All FOBIKs that are to be used in this vehicle must remain on the front seat near the center console but behind the shifter.

NOTE:
Do not put a Laptop or any wireless device (cell phone, audio device, etc.) on top of or near the center console. The RF Antenna is below the console.

1. Turn the ignition on.
  2. With the scan tool select RFH.
  3. Turn the ignition to the off position. The ignition must be left off throughout this procedure on vehicles equipped with the RF-Hub.
  4. With the scan tool select; "Misc. Functions" "Program Ignition FOBIKs". NOTE:
When programming a FOBIK, hold it near or on the center console top.
NOTE:
When you are instructed to "Press the Unlock button" it is important that you do not hold the button. Press it One time quickly.

1. Press "Continue" and follow the instructions on the screen.

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I have only used the windows version because i have a laptop i use for tuning my vehicles and didn't want another device. I have done many changes like fix my tire pressure thresholds, which i successfully reset my old hub using the pin puller app. I added the cargo cam, turn on drl's..etc. I just enabled all the functions for push button start before removing the old hub and all the setting taken.

I cannot get the truck to acc since replacing the hub. Ill try and get some pics of the message im getting on alpha. The problem is that it doesn't even let me start programming because of the security issue.

I might check my fob battery's and go from there..

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have only used the windows version because i have a laptop i use for tuning my vehicles and didn't want another device. I have done many changes like fix my tire pressure thresholds, which i successfully reset my old hub using the pin puller app. I added the cargo cam, turn on drl's..etc. I just enabled all the functions for push button start before removing the old hub and all the setting taken.

I cannot get the truck to acc since replacing the hub. Ill try and get some pics of the message im getting on alpha. The problem is that it doesn't even let me start programming because of the security issue.

I might check my fob battery's and go from there..
Hey just a thought i know it might cost some credits/money but u said it connect to it just says wrong pin why not try runnin the pin puller app on the new rf hub

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500