How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm gonna pull the seat back out when I get back tonight and triple check the pin locations. To confirm those. Also what could be problem with the tpms? They show up on the used hub but not the new hub.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm gonna pull the seat back out when I get back tonight and triple check the pin locations. To confirm those. Also what could be problem with the tpms? They show up on the used hub but not the new hub.

My guess is that they would show up, eventually. Personally when I did mine I didnt even have to do the hub reset procedure, I just plugged everything in, started the truck and drove a bit. It never shut down and the TPMS were picked up within 1/4 mile of driving.

Some people have different experiences (not sure why), but you might need to go with the RF hub reset and/or enabling rolls test mode to get it to be forced to look for the TPMS.

Its also possible if something is connected wrong that its causing the hub to freak out a bit (electronically speaking).

Once you pull the back seat, unplug the antenna thats on the back wall then do the antenna signal test in Alfa and make sure the correct antenna now shows as disconnected. Probably the quickest way to see if at least that one was wired into the wrong position, unless you can easily get to the center in-cabin one and disconnect it.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My guess is that they would show up, eventually. Personally when I did mine I didnt even have to do the hub reset procedure, I just plugged everything in, started the truck and drove a bit. It never shut down and the TPMS were picked up within 1/4 mile of driving.

Some people have different experiences (not sure why), but you might need to go with the RF hub reset and/or enabling rolls test mode to get it to be forced to look for the TPMS.

Its also possible if something is connected wrong that its causing the hub to freak out a bit (electronically speaking).

Once you pull the back seat, unplug the antenna thats on the back wall then do the antenna signal test in Alfa and make sure the correct antenna now shows as disconnected. Probably the quickest way to see if at least that one was wired into the wrong position, unless you can easily get to the center in-cabin one and disconnect it.

I drove for about a mile and mine had not cleared yet. Drove a bit more and still nothing, decide to take the long way around to come back to the house to see if I could figure out why. About 5 miles and they cleared. It's been about 4 months and haven't had an issue with them since.

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So pulled back seat checked wires all are pinned correctly. After this I got a little pissed and stripped the entire truck down to start over. All wires are correct i even de pinned ever thing thinking they didn't crimp tight. Everything is tight.

The only thing I see that could be wrong is wire is 22awg not 24!?
So I plan to rebuild harness in correct size, but should this really cause a problem with the keys/sensors range?

Also tpms wont work on new hub at all. Roll test says not detected. The tpms show up on the used hub, but I cant drive to see if they stay active since it says I have 40psi in a tire with 75psi. I do t think its actually reading I think that's what was I truck it came from.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Edit

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So pulled back seat checked wires all are pinned correctly. After this I got a little pissed and stripped the entire truck down to start over. All wires are correct i even de pinned ever thing thinking they didn't crimp tight. Everything is tight.

The only thing I see that could be wrong is wire is 22awg not 24!?
So I plan to rebuild harness in correct size, but should this really cause a problem with the keys/sensors range?

Also tpms wont work on new hub at all. Roll test says not detected. The tpms show up on the used hub, but I cant drive to see if they stay active since it says I have 40psi in a tire with 75psi. I do t think its actually reading I think that's what was I truck it came from.
What year is your truck? I noticed you said you thought the speedometer was reading the old tire pressures from the truck it came out if. If you just changed your speedometer that may be part of your issue. If your truck is a 2013 you need to run a 2013 speedometer in order for your TPMS to read. They changed the system in 2014. Rule of thumb is a 2013 speedo will work in the 2014 up trucks but the 2014 and up speedos will not work in a 2013 truck. Not sure if that is your issue with the TPMS but thought I would mention it just in case. In any case as long as your sure your harness is correct I don't think your wire gauge being off one size would have anything to do with your system not working g correctly. Another thing to note is your Keyless Go/Proximity Entry harness shouldn't have anything to do with the TPMS not working correctly which would make the hub possibly being the problem if you have the correct speedometer and it still won't read the TPMS after you drive the truck for a few miles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck is a 2016 2500. I have not changed the cluster. I have a used rf hub that doesn't throw a tpms light but says the tires have 45psi when really they have 75psi.

I pulled everything out of the truck and will make new harness in correct size and try again

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck is a 2016 2500. I have not changed the cluster. I have a used rf hub that doesn't throw a tpms light but says the tires have 45psi when really they have 75psi.

I pulled everything out of the truck and will make new harness in correct size and try again
Ok, I knew it was a long shot but had to ask. The truck should pick up the TPMS after you drive a few miles so its definitely strange. I honestly don't think your new harness has anything to do with your TPMS issue but you never know. Maybe rebuilding the harness will at least take care of the other issues you are having. Good luck keep us posted.

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I have no clue what the issue is but I'm 3 keys and 2 hubs in so i really dont want to buy a new key or hub.

Just want to verify a few things with sensors though. I've placed them in the rear doors for oem placement.
So when I mount them should the words face toward the outside or I side of cab?
Also does the front center antenna need to be perfectly center in cab?
I ran the wire through cent of truck and placed it above my 4x4 shifter area below radio area.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I have no clue what the issue is but I'm 3 keys and 2 hubs in so i really dont want to buy a new key or hub.

Just want to verify a few things with sensors though. I've placed them in the rear doors for oem placement.
I ran the wire through cent of truck and placed it above my 4x4 shifter area below radio area.

For the cabin antenna I put the rear one on the rear wall (stock location) and the front one directly under the center jump seat, right near the occupancy sensor module.

For my exterior antennae I actually mounted them behind the lower pillar trim panel, since I didnt feel like fishing wires through the doors if I didnt have to. They work pretty well there, the only issue I have is lack of distance if the fob is near my cell phone....jimmy07 has the same issue even with his mounted in the stock location so it might not have anything to do with mounting location.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Can you post a link to google drive of your original rf hub system status/ID and the current system status/ID?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It doesn't matter which way the antennas are set as far as lettering in or out goes. In the fsctory location on the back doors on the crew cab one side faces in and the other faces out. We have been putting the interior antennas in the stock location on the back of the cab and under the console directly under the plastic bin on the console trucks near the occupancy sensor . On the jumpseat style trucks we have been removing the little change tray in front of the jump seat and mounting it on top of the plastic air duct that goes through. When we reinstall the change holder it's a nice tight fit to hold the antenna.

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can try to get you the status Id but I've switched back to old key system so will be
Later tonight.
Also just thought about this but when the key was In truck if i opened any door it would say key has left and I'd have to turn it off and back on to make it stop beeping

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I can try to get you the status Id but I've switched back to old key system so will be
Later tonight.
Also just thought about this but when the key was In truck if i opened any door it would say key has left and I'd have to turn it off and back on to make it stop beeping
Antenna wires switched between in cab antennas and door antennas?
Make sure the TPMS sensors are all picked up and reading correctly with all of you original parts first, then upload rf hub to google drive.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Antenna wires switched between in cab antennas and door antennas?
Make sure the TPMS sensors are all picked up and reading correctly with all of you original parts first, then upload rf hub to google drive.

He did mention he checked the pinnage but I still agree that the antennae might be in the correct locations but are connected to the wrong spot of C2 on the RF hub, which is why the keyfob always shows "left the vehicle" unless a door is near it.

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I did check all pins. They all match the thread layout. All antennas , the rf hub, and the push button are all brand new so I wouldn't think they could be at fault. Will get info from hub asap

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can you disconnect the drivers door antenna and make sure that one shows fault in alpha

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright so I was half way through typing a long post when it hit me that I hadn't messed with the remote start antenna. Well I'd never would have thought that this would even be a variable, as soon as I connected it directly to the hub all was fixed. My truck had a cable in the harness for the remote start. Which is an extension wire that placed the antenna in rear driver trim panel under rear seat belt area. I'm not sure if this wire is bad or what but after not using it all was well. Which I also find odd since I dont even have the truck programmed for anything related to remote start.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's great news. Glad you got it figured out.

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you to everyone who gave me advice to fix this.
Also this is not related to keyless go but I did find a guy who makes a kit to add the outlet below radio, and he makes a kit for the accessory switch. If your interested and I will try to find a thread for this mod.

Thanks again