How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased the rf hub that corresponded to my 2013 but decided to go with the remote star compatible one in case I wanted to upgrade. Since mines did not have remote start, could it be that the remote start rf hub needs the antenna for picking up the fob? Currently push to start basically only works when fob is the middle of the car.
Yes, That is most likely your issue. You will need to connect/add the antenna in order for the fob to connect to the RF hub. As far as the alfa tool not being able to enable the passive entry in the CSM menu did the tool say (procedure failed) when you set the code or did it seem to work but your not getting the setting to show up on the radio and does your passive entry work? Which radio do you have? As far as programming the second fob goes do you have the correct pin code from the dealer and what message are you getting on the alfa screen when you try to program the key?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

manny2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, That is most likely your issue. You will need to connect/add the antenna in order for the fob to connect to the RF hub. As far as the alfa tool not being able to enable the passive entry in the CSM menu did the tool say (procedure failed) when you set the code or did it seem to work but your not getting the setting to show up on the radio and does your passive entry work? Which radio do you have? As far as programming the second fob goes do you have the correct pin code from the dealer and what message are you getting on the alfa screen when you try to program the key?

Alfa says option not supported by the body computer modification when trying to enable passive entry csm. I have the most basic radio and the 3in evic. As far as the second key, it says procedure failed. Pin is right because I had already program an old fob before doing the mod and I was able to program the new fob as well.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alfa says option not supported by the body computer modification when trying to enable passive entry csm. I have the most basic radio and the 3in evic. As far as the second key, it says procedure failed. Pin is right because I had already program an old fob before doing the mod and I was able to program the new fob as well.
If you have the RA1 3" radio you will not be able to have the option in the CSM menu because your radio is not capable of supporting it. It may be causing the tool not to be able to add the code because your BCM isn't configured properly. In trucks with the RA1 3" radio the options appear in the EVIC. On the trucks equipped with the RA2 5" and RA3 and RA4 8" screens the settings options are programmed to show on the screen CSM(Customer Settings Menu) of the radio. There is a way to program your truck to show the options in the radio. I'm not sure what the setting is because my truck was programmed from the factory to show it on the screen so I've never had to change it but I know it's been discussed in the alfa thread and done. The problem is it won't do you any good to change the code because if you have the RA1 radio it will not support it. Does the passive entry work? If it does I would just be happy with that until you possibly upgrade your radio in the future. As far as the RF hub goes and the key not programming. I have done an RF hub replace/reset procedure in the past with the tool and then been able to program the fob but that's what I have done. I'm not saying it will work for you so do your own research and proceed at your own risk. ac32d6265e90911bef495b1370eea218.jpg

Last edited:

manny2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have the RA1 3" radio you will not be able to have the option in the CSM menu because your radio is not capable of supporting it. It may be causing the tool not to be able to add the code because your BCM isn't configured properly. In trucks with the RA1 3" radio the options appear in the EVIC. On the trucks equipped with the RA2 5" and RA3 and RA4 8" screens the settings options are programmed to show on the screen CSM(Customer Settings Menu) of the radio. There is a way to program your truck to show the options in the radio. I'm not sure what the setting is because my truck was programmed from the factory to show it on the screen so I've never had to change it but I know it's been discussed in the alfa thread and done. The problem is it won't do you any good to change the code because if you have the RA1 radio it will not support it. Does the passive entry work? If it does I would just be happy with that until you possibly upgrade your radio in the future. As far as the RF hub goes and the key not programming. I have done an RF hub replace/reset procedure in the past with the tool and then been able to program the fob but that's what I have done. I'm not saying it will work for you so do your own research and proceed at your own risk. ac32d6265e90911bef495b1370eea218.jpg

That’s what I imagined on the CSM option. I haven’t installed the passive entry yet, waiting on the rear handles to dry (painted today) so I’ll probably be installing on Sunday. I ordered another fob just in case the issue is that and I’m trying to localize the keyless entry antenna to wrap up the install.

manny2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, some good news!
Added the keyless entry and remote start antenna
(part number 68144668AB)
and now keyless entry and push to start is working flawlessly. Will be installing handles tomorrow. Have not been able to install the second key though. Purchased an additional key to verify it wasn’t the fob and no luck.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Handles in and working flawlessly!
That's good news. I love the push button start with proximity entry. Definitely one of my favorite upgrades.

Badams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting my list ready to order for my 2014, trying to get as much as I can from Canadian suppliers to save customs/shipping/exchange rates. Noticed hub 68319680AD is showing as discontinued and cant find it anywhere in Canada. Researching I see that it was superseded by 68319680AE which is available in Canada. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct receiver still?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting my list ready to order for my 2014, trying to get as much as I can from Canadian suppliers to save customs/shipping/exchange rates. Noticed hub 68319680AD is showing as discontinued and cant find it anywhere in Canada. Researching I see that it was superseded by 68319680AE which is available in Canada. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct receiver still?
The last two letters of the part# represent different release dates. If the numerical number is the same the part is the same.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
If you need some connectors / terminals PM me, I'm in the process of collecting stuff as well and will have some extras.
Not sure how much shipping from Alberta to Manitoba would be, but might be cheaper then ordering from the US.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you need some connectors / terminals PM me, I'm in the process of collecting stuff as well and will have some extras.
Not sure how much shipping from Alberta to Manitoba would be, but might be cheaper then ordering from the US.
Where in Alberta are you

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Anyone ever figure out the door connectors?

Pavona Jr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now we’re going to install the hub, rear antenna, harness, front antenna, and the ignition, but first use the alfa software to enable all the keyless enter n go features. This will give the BCM time to take the settings. Connect to the BCM. Click on the little car with the hood open. Go into car configuration change. Find keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe enable, and passive entry CSM, and enable them all. This will NOT affect the driveability of the truck even while using your original rf hub and fobs.

Remove the rear seat and the back wall carpet/insulation. I won’t get into how to do this as it’s pretty straight forward.

Your RF Hub will be on the back wall towards the driver side. Remove it from the wall, install the new hub in it’s place, plug in the existing connectors from the old hub, and plug in the new harness to the left side of the hub.

Mount the rear wall antenna using two 1/2” self tapping screws, and plug it’s connector in from the harness. 8ZCAtz9.jpg

Remove the kick panel under the steering column by removing the two screws on the bottom edge of the panel. This it the panel that holds the obdII port and covers the ignition switch. The panel is still secured by 3 clips on each side. Pull the panel straight off. Remove the 4 screws holding the ignition switch down and install the new one. Reinstall the kick panel.

Pull the front and rear driver side plastic sill panels. No tools required. UsXS89p.jpg

Pull the lower B-pillar panel. Run the front antenna wire with connector along the driver side under the exposed carpet edge all the way up front, and bring it around under the footwell carpet to underneath the center stack/console area. Plug in the antenna and mount it somewhere up front center where it is concealed.

Now we’re ready to program the new fob and hub. Close the driver door and open it to wake up the bus. Confirm that the BCM took the settings from earlier, as the EVIC should display press brake + start button. Fire up the alfa and connect to the RF Hub. Set the new fob on the center console lid. Click the car with hood open and select “program ignition fobiks highline system”. Enter your PIN and follow the prompts. Once that is complete, and still connected to the hub, go to “RF Hub reset/replace”. This time, for PIN, enter 0000 and hit start. When the procedure is complete, step on the brake and start the truck. It will probably die after a few seconds, and you’ll have TPMS warnings. Now put the truck in run (engine off), still connected to RF Hub, click on the little engine then read and clear faults. Perform RF Hub replace again. Start the truck again and it should stay running now, but, you will have lost your TPMS sensors. Start driving around for a while to see if the sensors will pick up. If they don’t, pull over, connect to the RF Hub, go to “sensor rolls test”, hit start, and start driving again. They should immediately register now. Park the truck and clear faults again, and you’re done. Now you have push button start. You can do the door handles and antennas later.
Do you know the Alfaodb procedure to add a fob if the truck already has keyless enter n go?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you know the Alfaodb procedure to add a fob if the truck already has keyless enter n go?
Just go into the RF hub and select program key (Highline System) and follow the prompts. You will need to have your Pin# and make sure the new fob is either new or has been cleaned by a locksmith.

Pavona Jr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just go into the RF hub and select program key (Highline System) and follow the prompts. You will need to have your Pin# and make sure the new fob is either new or has been cleaned by a locksmith.

Thanks. That's what I was doing. I just figured out that the brand new battery in my brand new fob was not new at all. New battery = new fob programmed. I feel a bit stupid for trusting them to send it with a working battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank