How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone know if you can add the fronts without adding the rear ones? I've no use for the rear ones (tailgate camera is good) but the front ones I could use.

-K

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
There are two different modules .
One for just the rear and one for both the front and rear .
I don’t think you can add just the front based on the bcm setup.
Its either rear or front and rear

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a pic of my front sensors installed .
Just waiting on the park assist module to show up in the mail
Once everthing is done i will update the bcm details i turned on .

Skuppy: Looks pretty good. Now I am the opposite. I wish MY 19 did not have them, I leave them turned off, but then I am strange, LMAO.....

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Why does your system keep saying wipe sensors etc ?
Mine only does it when ice freezes over them .
Other than that they work great for me .

Jdavismp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 142809 Over the last few weeks I was working on adding rear park assist to my 2018 ram 1500
I used all oem parts except for the harness I made to go from the park assist module to the rear of the truck .
I used Alfa obd and Mgrimm bcm id details from the Alfa ond diy and I now have oem rear park assist .
I will post the parts I used to get the job done .
It ended up being a expensive project in my eyes .
So the parts are as follows

Bezel for the bumpers needed four of them .
Part no : 5lt35zzzaa-001

Jumper harness for the rear
Part no : 680318200AA-001

Then I bought a repair kit for the connector and pins to plug into the jumper harness
Part no : 68018957AA-001

Then the rear park assist module
Part no 68204477AF

Then the park sensor itself needed four of them
Part no :1EW63TZZAA

I drilled my own holes in my rear bumper .
Painted the bezels chrome to match my chrome bumper as best as possible .
The only part I still need is the new multi switch for the dash to add the button itself
The system seems to be on automatically once I added the codes in the bcm

So the harness that runs from the park assist module to the rear of the truck is the only part that i made per say .
Deere guy had the two plugs with wire ends sticking out of them that i extended to get too the necessary locations .Thansk Deere guy for sending those out to me .
I have been in contact with m2mods along this project .

I will post up some pics with the schematic and where I connected on the truck later on this Evening .

This is my first right Up so please be patient .
What dimensions did you use when drilling into the bumper, as far as how far apart were the sensors.

Therottenjohnny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins diesel
Not trying to be a smartass..but...why don't ya'll just get a back up camera set up?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Not trying to be a smartass..but...why don't ya'll just get a back up camera set up?

Not certain about our trucks as I don't have the sensors on mine, just the camera, but on my wif'e's Subaru which has both, the sensors pick things up to each side that are out of range of the camera.

-K

Namerifsaxet1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I installed my new multi switch that has both front and rear park assist buttons .
The rear button turns the rear park assist when pressed etc .
The front assist button is illuminated to show the system is off .It will be this way until I add the code for the front and get all components in place

I am in the process of getting the front sensors done now.
I should have it done in a few weeks or less
I bought some dorman Park sensors
Part no :684-007 and I just temporarily plugged them into the rear jumper harness and it thru no service park assist which is awesome .
They are like 38 Canadian versus the dealership at 170 a piece
When the front is done I will know for sure if the sensors are working correctly .
I think it will work fine based on previous test as the 1a auto ones made the service park assist come in instantly when the truck was started .

I have the rear sensors and and putting together the list for the front now. I found the new control module and front harness. Is the wiring in place at dash and near front bumper? And where is the control module located? I’m using AlphaOBD for the upgrades.
TIA!

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
The module will be in the same spot as the rear park assist module .
You will have to replace the module to the new module you have purchased to allow for the additional front sensors .
The wiring I’m not sure if it is in place .
If it is there will be a additional wire connector next to the module
Here is a pic where the module is located .
It’s in the driver side panel as shown in the pic to the left of the foot brake .
You will pull the running board piece of which is part of the plastic panel .
Then there will be a piece of fabric held in by retainer clips and that is where the park assist module will be .
Then under the front bumper to the top left will be a wire plug if the wiring is in place

47465187-C586-475F-AF4D-D1F3657F6909.jpeg

B180BF23-B29C-4A5F-BF07-BF1639825C36.jpeg

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently have the front and rear sensors. There’s an aftermarket front bumper I like but its not designed for the sensors. Is there a way to “disable” the system from seeing the front sensors if I just unplug them from the harness at the bumper connection point?....I have AlfaOBD.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Hi, new to the form. I see skuppy069 added front and rear park assist. I am wanting to do at least the rear on my 2018 Ram 3500 diesel. I see skuppy069 that you gave a list of most of the parts. Do you have a updated list and also about what it cost? How do I change this stupid picture of what is me? LOL!!

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, new to the form. I see skuppy069 added front and rear park assist. I am wanting to do at least the rear on my 2018 Ram 3500 diesel. I see skuppy069 that you gave a list of most of the parts. Do you have a updated list and also about what it cost? How do I change this stupid picture of what is me? LOL!!

Pricing changes with supply and demand. You will have to search each part and price them out.

—2018 Ram 1500—

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you Lawsuit11. I was just trying to get a general idea.

Im not trying to be a smart ass at all. Im just saying literally, because now for example if you want to go from a RA2 to a UAS/Q. It’s a lot more expensive then when I did it 7 months ago. We are taking $500 more than when I did it

—2018 Ram 1500—

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Lawsuit11

So I am not that smart to know this. What is a RA2 and a UAS/Q?

When you put your rear assist in, did it start to work right away or did you have to go into the computer and change some settings.

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Lawsuit11

So I am not that smart to know this. What is a RA2 and a UAS/Q?

When you put your rear assist in, did it start to work right away or did you have to go into the computer and change some settings.

An RA2 is the 5" touchscreen radio. UAS & UAQ are the two versions of the 8" radio from the 2018+ trucks that have Carplay and Android Auto. It's a popular upgrade. I believe he was using them as an example because FCA raised the prices on most of the components needed to do the swap earlier this year by a considerable amount. There is speculation that it was done in an attempt by FCA to stop us from doing the upgrades. Many other popular upgrade part prices increased as well, while most parts did not.

Given that, the prices quoted earlier in this thread are probably no longer valid. If you want to get an estimate on the price to add the rear park assist, your best bet is to take the part numbers from this thread and check the prices at part.allmoparparts.com. They have, for the most part, the best prices on OEM parts and they give free shipping to forum members. You can also try and source the parts from a salvage yard, either locally to you or via an online service like co-part.com.

As for the settings, yes, there are settings that will need to be turned on in the BCM (Body Control Module). The easiest way is with the AlphaOBD app.

-K

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Hi kad.

Thank you for the info. I do have the 8 inch screen in my truck.

I have found some of the pieces used online like the sensors, wiring harness for the sensors and the modular for the park assist. Some of the modulars have inputs for just 2 plugs which I think that is for rear sensors only, and some have inputs for 3 plugs, I would guess front and rear.

I have not been able to find the harness that goes from the rear sensors to the modular. Is that part of the bed wiring harness? Is that why skuppy069 made his own wire harness?????

Thank you for your thoughts kad.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hi kad.

Thank you for the info. I do have the 8 inch screen in my truck.

I have found some of the pieces used online like the sensors, wiring harness for the sensors and the modular for the park assist. Some of the modulars have inputs for just 2 plugs which I think that is for rear sensors only, and some have inputs for 3 plugs, I would guess front and rear.

I have not been able to find the harness that goes from the rear sensors to the modular. Is that part of the bed wiring harness? Is that why skuppy069 made his own wire harness?????

Thank you for your thoughts kad.

I haven't done this one myself, but I believe that is correct.

-K

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got my front and rear park assist module installed .
Set the park assist type to both front and rear .
Set the front park assist csm.

View attachment 146249

View attachment 146250
I have removed my factory PTS module and installed the module for front & rear PTS, the fog light & sensor harness, the OEM sensors, and the switch bank with front PTS into my 17' Ram 2500 Tradesman. It works as it should. I get a visual warning and audible tones. I changed rear PTS to 'Front and Rear PTS' and enabled 'Front Parksense volume CSM' but when I enabled the front Parksense I no longer have the option that you do and I used to have to have just sound or sound and display. f1a59abce9afe963948f3a3e574bd735.jpg1bdcf5c82355abad028323545d2e4928.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT/HPP tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM style front camera, aux switches

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The module will be in the same spot as the rear park assist module .
You will have to replace the module to the new module you have purchased to allow for the additional front sensors .
The wiring I’m not sure if it is in place .
If it is there will be a additional wire connector next to the module
Here is a pic where the module is located .
It’s in the driver side panel as shown in the pic to the left of the foot brake .
You will pull the running board piece of which is part of the plastic panel .
Then there will be a piece of fabric held in by retainer clips and that is where the park assist module will be .
Then under the front bumper to the top left will be a wire plug if the wiring is in place

View attachment 163078

View attachment 163079
Any ideas why I would have lost that setting?

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches