How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fofonta

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMi

Hi, I would be interested in buying your wiring harness. Is it possible to send to Europe?

I have a Dodge Ram 2013 sport and I would like to finish the rear park assistant I have already ordered this:
1EW63TZZAA 4x sensor
1JK73RXFAA 4x sensor holder
68031820AA 1x cable harness
68139116AC 1x module

if i have your wiring harness i should already have everything to plug in is that so? Thank you

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Has anyone ever picked up the push button and the two key fobs from a salvage yard and did they work?

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Has anyone ever picked up the push button and the two key fobs from a salvage yard and did they work?
I think if you got the rf hub and the original keys then it should work .
The only thing is getting the 4 digit pin for the used rf hub

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
If those keys are used and you don’t have the rf hub that they where married to then I think those keys won’t be any good .
The KIN(keyless ignition node ) will be good to use

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
So the Ed is the one that goes in the back wall right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Does anyone have a part number for the park assist module for a 2018 2500 for the front and rear

Djam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
You guys have really done a deep dive on this. Hopefully this is a quick question. I have a 2017 with factory rear parksense, trying to add the front. I put on a full bumper with sensors, and my truck had the wiring in place to plug in the front sensor harness. Under the dash I’ve swapped my rear only module for the fr/rr module, but dont seem to have the 3rd plug for the front sensors. Is it hidden somewhere, or do I need to add it in? How would I go about adding it in?

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You guys have really done a deep dive on this. Hopefully this is a quick question. I have a 2017 with factory rear parksense, trying to add the front. I put on a full bumper with sensors, and my truck had the wiring in place to plug in the front sensor harness. Under the dash I’ve swapped my rear only module for the fr/rr module, but dont seem to have the 3rd plug for the front sensors. Is it hidden somewhere, or do I need to add it in? How would I go about adding it in?
The new module should have a place for the plug if you go back and look at my post #158 it shows a pic of the new module. Never mind my reply I read your original post wrong.

Last edited:

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’d look to see if the plug is taped up around the module somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Resolved - my 2017 ram 1500 (canada market) does in fact have the wiring in place to add the front parksense. My truck has factory rear parksense, and I had the dead end 8-way connecter up by the front bumper. The 3rd blue connecter was not easily visible, but moving the ebrake cable and rolling the carpet revealed the pigtail along the floor, running up towards the brake pedal.

Dash switch and module are on order.

I know its an old thread, but my thanks to all of you trailblazers on this one.

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
I have a question about sensor power supply. I bought the park assist module (its for both front and rear) which came with pigtails (plugs and wires cut off at about 3 inches). Looking at the wiring diagrams my understanding is that the sensors get power from the park assist module itself, i.e. the 'pk/yl' wire fed from the run relay. Is that correct or do they need an independent power source? Also, where do I get the run relay power from to connect to the pk/yl wire on the pigtail?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a question about sensor power supply. I bought the park assist module (its for both front and rear) which came with pigtails (plugs and wires cut off at about 3 inches). Looking at the wiring diagrams my understanding is that the sensors get power from the park assist module itself, i.e. the 'pk/yl' wire fed from the run relay. Is that correct or do they need an independent power source? Also, where do I get the run relay power from to connect to the pk/yl wire on the pigtail?

Thanks in advance!
The sensors get there power supply from the park assist module itself .
The run relay circuit can be taken from a switched power source .
If you are running wires and making your own harness then I would just take power from the inline tailgate connector .
If you read the first few pages of this post I think showed some pics of the inline tailgate connector and the wire counts etc .
If you need any more help let me know .
Cheers

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Just finished mine up tonight works great. Y’all need to give skuppy069 a big welcome. You know he puts a lot of time and money into this mod. I just want to say thank you!!!

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just finished mine up tonight works great. Y’all need to give skuppy069 a big welcome. You know he puts a lot of time and money into this mod. I just want to say thank you!!!
Thanks for the feedback bud .
Glad you got her all done .
What’s your next mod going to be ?
Cheers

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
The sensors get there power supply from the park assist module itself .
The run relay circuit can be taken from a switched power source .
If you are running wires and making your own harness then I would just take power from the inline tailgate connector .
If you read the first few pages of this post I think showed some pics of the inline tailgate connector and the wire counts etc .
If you need any more help let me know .
Cheers

Thank you! I'm still waiting on a few parts and so haven't take a look at which (if any) harnesses I have in the front or the back. Do you happen to know the part number(s) for the front harness jumper connector(s)? Meaning, which connector would I use to interface the the factory front sensor wiring with the park assist module, the 8-pin male connector?

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you! I'm still waiting on a few parts and so haven't take a look at which (if any) harnesses I have in the front or the back. Do you happen to know the part number(s) for the front harness jumper connector(s)? Meaning, which connector would I use to interface the the factory front sensor wiring with the park assist module, the 8-pin male connector?
I think so far the front connector has been determined not available if I read through this thread .
I don’t know the part number for that part .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat