Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If you have ever re-geared any vehicle in the past, you know that after its first 500 miles, you need to change out the fluid. After using my 4x4 for a bit, and after doing a rear diff fluid change, I opted to flush the fluid out for the front diff as well. Will your truck survive after 30-60k miles without changing the fluid? Absolutely. Is it highly recommended by most? Absolutely. I am a fan of preventive maintenance...Above is the how-to guide using my 2018 2500, with stock suspension. I am trying to grow my channel (please subscribe!) and am open to any feedback, thanks.

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good vidyuh Op.

I’m surprised you removed your front diff cover instead of just extracting the fluid and replacing with new.

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To each their own lol.
I have to eat crow on this.

I serviced my front diff today.

Tried two different extractors but COULD NOT get the hose down deep enough past the gears to extract the fluid :mad: The drain/fill access plug was on the WRONG FRIGGIN SIDE of the cover.:mad::mad::mad:

SO. I had to totally remove the cover and redo the whole deal.

Letting the RTV cure overnight before I add the new amsoil severe gear fluid.

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have to eat crow on this.

I serviced my front diff today.

Tried two different extractors but COULD NOT get the hose down deep enough past the gears to extract the fluid :mad: The drain/fill access plug was on the WRONG FRIGGIN SIDE of the cover.:mad::mad::mad:

SO. I had to totally remove the cover and redo the whole deal.

Letting the RTV cure overnight before I add the new amsoil severe gear fluid.

At least next time it will only take you half the time to do! I’ve done many diff fluid changes, all the same way.