How to turn Seatbelt Chime off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j1877p

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I haven't seen this any where on the forum, but found out how to disable the seatbelt chime while driving. The seat belt light on the EVIC is still on though. If any one is interested this is what to do......

1. sitting in the truck buckle the seat belt.
2. turn on ignition without starting the truck.
3. wait for the seatbelt light to go off on the EVIC
4. with in 10 seconds, unbuckle, rebuckle 3 times. leaving the seat belt buckled the third time.
5. Turn off ignition. you should hear a chime confiring the change.

Take a quick drive to see if it worked.

I love you for this. This is the single greatest thing I have found in these forums thus far. It worked for me even with the door open, wearing only my underwear and sunglasses.

Too much info I know............not sure why I thought you would care about my sunglasses. :naughty:

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Didn't think of that, thought it was part of the warranty. LOL.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Haha You wouldn't believe the number of people that say "This light is on and I don't know why" especially this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISKRA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the thread! This worked on my 14 the first time. It still chimes if the seat belt is not connected on start up about 3 times, but after that...nothing! The EVIC light will illuminate but that doesn't bother me.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just worked on my 2014 Express!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Worked on a 16 Sports this morning!!!!
Jay

APFSDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i gotta be doing something wrong if it works on a 16...

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Worked great on my '14 Express, don't have any one else sitting in the truck with you or make sure the passengers have their seat belts buckled.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i gotta be doing something wrong if it works on a 16...

36502fd76d139ed119093615ae9ae2a8.jpg

@ step #4 within 10 seconds .....

I did it twice waiting only 2-3 seconds
The 3rd time I waited a full 10 seconds & it worked like a charm !

Maybe some trucks just takes a bit longer ...?

Hope this helps !

APFSDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i got it to work, thanks. no more annoying chime after checking the mail.

now, if only i can get it to work on the wifey's Pilot....

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Worked for me !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdavisunlimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very cool, thanks for this.

For anyone who wants to turn off the the seatbelt light altogether, it's a VERY simple process. There are just 2 wires that come up through the buckle, and you can clip them at the base and run a little jumper wire to complete the circuit. That way the truck always thinks the seatbelt is buckled.

My brother does it to all his trucks including his 2014 2500. I just picked up my new Limited a few days ago but I'm going to do it to mine later today. This whole notion of annoying people into buckling up is crazy to me. Especially since where I live, having your seatbelt buckled isn't a primary infraction.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Very cool, thanks for this.

For anyone who wants to turn off the the seatbelt light altogether, it's a VERY simple process. There are just 2 wires that come up through the buckle, and you can clip them at the base and run a little jumper wire to complete the circuit. That way the truck always thinks the seatbelt is buckled.

My brother does it to all his trucks including his 2014 2500. I just picked up my new Limited a few days ago but I'm going to do it to mine later today. This whole notion of annoying people into buckling up is crazy to me. Especially since where I live, having your seatbelt buckled isn't a primary infraction.

It WOULD be "common sense" to put your seat belt on. Just because you can go for however long without wearing it and not have an issue doesn't mean that something won't happen where the belt would keep you from injury.

cdavisunlimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It WOULD be "common sense" to put your seat belt on. Just because you can go for however long without wearing it and not have an issue doesn't mean that something won't happen where the belt would keep you from injury.

Yeah of course, I think we're all adults here and understand that. But wearing your seatbelt and wanting to turn off a distracting chime and screen flash are 2 completely different things.

For those times when we have our seatbelt on, there's no need for a warning. And for those times when we don't (i.e. constant stop and go on the farm, medical exemptions - which I had for a year after surgery - , pulling up to the mailbox or a driveway and unbuckling your belt real quick, traveling 2 mph in a grocery store parking lot to find a space when you already unbuckled, etc, etc, etc) there's also no need for a warning.

Again, we're all adults and are all capable of making our own decisions.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Yeah of course, I think we're all adults here and understand that. But wearing your seatbelt and wanting to turn off a distracting chime and screen flash are 2 completely different things.

For those times when we have our seatbelt on, there's no need for a warning. And for those times when we don't (i.e. constant stop and go on the farm, medical exemptions - which I had for a year after surgery - , pulling up to the mailbox or a driveway and unbuckling your belt real quick, traveling 2 mph in a grocery store parking lot to find a space when you already unbuckled, etc, etc, etc) there's also no need for a warning.

Again, we're all adults and are all capable of making our own decisions.

Agreed, I turned mine off for hunting and riding in the pastures. I took it as you don't wear it because the law is lenient on. All the things you described are what "I" would consider okay, but just thought riding down the road with it off is not a good idea.

Glad I don't have a flashing screen...

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963